Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    You got “screw the kids” out of that? Ok
    Thats what I got out of it.

Or at least screw just my kid.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      I have 2 shooter bucks on my 100acre lease. One is a 3 point and the other is barely over AR.

My 12yr old daughter wants to shoot a nice little 8 point that isn't quite wide enough to pass AR in our county. That deer will most likely get shot by some idiot with 3 teeth in his head..why not let a youth take it with a bow?

I would hardly call that a "trophy for everyone attitude "

Lessons to teach them. You don’t have to shoot a buck every year. Sounds like young deer getting shot.

Patience.

Practice.

Use a rifle
      Ain’t a thing wrong with gun hunting. I do both. Drives me nuts when bow hunters down gun hunting especially to kids. When most downing gun hunters suck *** at bow hunting lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Lessons to teach them. You don’t have to shoot a buck every year. Sounds like young deer getting shot.

Patience.

Practice.

Use a rifle
        Ain’t a thing wrong with gun hunting. I do both. Drives me nuts when bow hunters down gun hunting especially to kids. When most downing gun hunters suck *** at bow hunting lol
        I'm not downing gun hunting. My lease is small so its archery only.

And just so everyone knows. My kids are very disciplined and patient hunters. She had a legal doe at her feeder all morning and passed to wait on a bigger one.

Comment

And just so everyone knows. My kids are very disciplined and patient hunters. She had a legal doe at her feeder all morning and passed to wait on a bigger one.

Didn’t say you were. Just saying in general.

Relax man. Enjoy hunting with your kids. Be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Didn’t say you were. Just saying in general.

Relax man. Enjoy hunting with your kids. Be happy.
            Don't go crawfishing now. It's not like I got that quote from someone else's thread.

So far on this thread I'm a up thight, anti gun, child spoiler that wants to let thier kids shoot illegal deer. And, I suck *** as bow hunter.

And, nobody has even answered the original question.

Comment

Hoggslayer you don’t have to defend yourself or your ideology on how hunting should be. You do you and let everyone else do them selves. We all differ in opinions on how we want to hunt and enter our children into the outdoor world that we all share the same passion. What ever it takes to get them out of the house and away from video games I support. We will never agree on everything. Never. I have no issues with any of it but will say that I’m always suspicious when I see a 4 year old holding a 150 inch buck killed during the youth only rifle season. Good luck to you and your daughter sir.

Comment

This is a fun thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  Hoggslayer you don’t have to defend yourself or your ideology on how hunting should be. You do you and let everyone else do them selves. We all differ in opinions on how we want to hunt and enter our children into the outdoor world that we all share the same passion. What ever it takes to get them out of the house and away from video games I support. We will never agree on everything. Never. I have no issues with any of it but will say that I’m always suspicious when I see a 4 year old holding a 150 inch buck killed during the youth only rifle season. Good luck to you and your daughter sir.
                  agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    I have no issues with any of it but will say that I’m always suspicious when I see a 4 year old holding a 150 inch buck killed during the youth only rifle season.
                    I see nothing wrong with it.

Comment

They dang sure don’t need to legalize air bows in Archery season.

Find a better place to hunt that gives your kid a better opportunity at the buck she is after.

Comment

Never used an airbow. My daughter is 10. She'll be using a crossbow during youth in January. Is an airbow easier than a crossbow to manage the size, weight and operation for your daughter? Good luck to y'all!

Comment

Guy on our place shot a good buck with his crossbow. First crossbow kill I've seen. Heart was shredded like it was shot with a rifle. Didnt go 20, lol. Didnt destroy any meat....

Maybe a more ethical means, safer, more landowner accepted, and more reasonable season length would include more crossbows and air bows. Less stick and string, less rifle... just wondering out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            They dang sure don’t need to legalize air bows in Archery season.

Find a better place to hunt that gives your kid a better opportunity at the buck she is after.
                            I never said they needed to.

As far as finding a better place to hunt, that option is open if one ever becomes available in my price range.

They are few and far between.

Thank goodness for organization like TYHP or some Dads would never get a opportunity at a nice hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                              Never used an airbow. My daughter is 10. She'll be using a crossbow during youth in January. Is an airbow easier than a crossbow to manage the size, weight and operation for your daughter? Good luck to y'all!
                              It is about the same. A little easier to stick out a window of a box blind than a crossbow. Arrow speed and trajectory is about the same as a high end crossbow. However, keep in mind It isn't legal archery only equipment.

Comment

Good luck on your hunt with your daughter. Did you buy the air bow from a member here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X