Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good lord I am so jealous.

Comment

Another awesome write up and thanks for taking us along again!!!

Comment

1st time seeing this thread and went thru every page!!! Congrats are in order on multiple levels.

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        And... the other giant is still around.
        I thought the same thing.......it was great to see they got him.
        Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
        Hammered the geese this morning!!!
        1 hr of shooting

Standby for pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        NIIIIIIIICE.........my nephew and I were talking goose hunting at the SCI Christmas Party last night. Keep on whacking and stacking sir!!!

Comment

18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
          My hats off to you Clark, well done sir, well done.
          "Many of the best memories are made even if you dont pull the trigger."

Appreciate it buddy!!! I’m not sure I’ve ever been that excited when I was the trigger man! We were at a loss for words last night!

Comment

Congratulations again, I’ve enjoyed this thread immensely, thanks for taking us along!

Comment

thats the most dead geese than Ive seen in a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                thats the most dead geese than Ive seen in a long time
                You right….they didn’t do bad at all.

Comment

18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

Back at the airport and waiting on my flight.

Forgot to post this Tuesday night with all the madness arriving in Little Rock.

The rental car guy, (John), spotted my bow case and asked what kind of gun I had and what was I hunting. I told him it was archery and I was headed to hunt deer with a buddy.
                  Guy straight faced said, “Man, can you bring me some deer meat? I’ll hook you up with an awesome rental If you can.” I confirmed that if I killed a deer, I would bring him back some deer meat. His co-worker (Jane) took my number down and said she would follow up with me since she would be working the day of my return flight. (John) pulls out the keys to a brand new BMW SUV and I was like man, I just need something big enough to carry my luggage. He insisted I take the car and with the points I had already accrued, total cost was $22.39
                  SCORE!!!

So I get this text Wednesday and the rest is history.
                  I just dropped off 2 packages of hamburger and 2 packages of steaks plus some duck to the rental counter and they had a freezer there to put it in.

I thought it was a pretty cool gesture!!!

Clark and I joked that we should have strapped the buck across the hood and taken pics.

Last edited by Hsbtgarcia; 12-10-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Thats great.. very nice!
                    See you in April.. bring tags!

Comment

Made it back to the family via some delayed flights and went into a coma last night.

I’ll be back Tuesday headed to South Tx for the 4th leg of the live hunt.

A huge thank you to everyone that has followed along.

Comment

That's killin in style

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck you could write a book from this thread. Just keeps getting better. Now, maybe your buddy will be rewarded with that wide food plot ten for putting you on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Heck you could write a book from this thread. Just keeps getting better. Now, maybe your buddy will be rewarded with that wide food plot ten for putting you on that one.

Well… I’m a little superstitious, and told Heith I’m gutting the deer(he wasn’t having it) so I explained…I’ve heard if you gut a buddies deer for them the next buck tag punched is the guy on the knife? So we shall see! Even if I don’t punch a tag it was still one of the best hunts I’ve ever experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by jlow View Post
                              Well… I’m a little superstitious, and told Heith I’m gutting the deer(he wasn’t having it) so I explained…I’ve heard if you gut a buddies deer for them the next buck tag punched is the guy on the knife? So we shall see! Even if I don’t punch a tag it was still one of the best hunts I’ve ever experienced.

I’m telling all my buddies this one. I kill 4 times as many as the buddy in 2nd place [emoji28]

Comment

Firing the thread back up a little early.

My oldest son Bryce visited yesterday and we were going over some trail cam pics at his stand in our Polk county river bottom lease. He has an old shooter that has daylighted two days in a row.

I don’t get to hunt with Bryce much, and had zero intentions of being in a stand this morning, so when he said he would hunt today, ALL plans dropped.

So here we are!! Father & Son Set up in a Maverick blind looking over an alfalfa and corn pile. Im excited to get to sit with him and video.

We bumped a few deer slipping in this morning and have 2 does feeding out of range now. Our wind is out of the East and works great for this set.

Let’s see if we can get Bryce on a mature, late season East Tx river bottom buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X