Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Own land other than primary residence..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
    There is still three 10.1 acre lots for sale by me. I would love to have management minded folks buy those properties. A couple from Tennessee bought the 10 that borders me. Developer is putting a road in, water and power coming. You gotta pay for your own drops. He will build you an entry gate and throw in 8 hours of mulching with purchase. I wished it woulda been dozer work for 8 hours.
    PM sent

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
      How is hunting in Oklahoma? Are you still considered a non resident?
      Yes, I’m still considered non resident but I can kill two bucks on my property which makes it a game changer. I hunted Kansas for years and only allowed one buck.

Comment

Great deals aren’t usually found on a website or at a realtor. If it’s a great deal they buy it themselves and then flip it. Or they have a list of investors who get first shot. Get to know some bankers in your area of interest. They come up with some very good information on what might be or coming up for sale.

It’s not always location, location, location. It’s motivated seller, motivated seller, motivated seller.

I’ve bought and sold a lot of real estate over the years. The best deals have not been listed. And remember in pricing. He who speaks first loses. I had one place where I was willing to pay $9000 an acre. When I asked how much an acre he said $6000. I countered with $6000 and 20% of the minerals. Done deal.

Comment

Just closed on 108 acres couple weeks ago that’s 2.5 hrs away. Has small home and utilities. Wasn’t sure my wife was gonna be interested in it, it she’s as interested or more than I am in being out there. Had planned on retiring at the lake but now it sounds like we will retire out at the ranch and the lake may be a weekend getaway or place to stay when we need to be in SA. Few more yrs before retirement, but we’re excited.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
            Congrats! I'm in grayson as well, unfortunately. Prices here are beyond astronomical.. they're downright offensive..

Yep, all that "growth" that the suits keep hawking.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              Yep, all that "growth" that the suits keep hawking.
              My wife and I bust our asses working, we budget very well, and its devastating to know we literally cant afford what we want (which is very little compared to other parts of the state).. we cant wrap our minds around the idea of paying 50-70k an acre. That's absolutely vile to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                My wife and I bust our asses working, we budget very well, and its devastating to know we literally cant afford what we want (which is very little compared to other parts of the state).. we cant wrap our minds around the idea of paying 50-70k an acre. That's absolutely vile to me.

I can sympathize with you. But being vile doesn’t get you any land. Either sit back and be vile or get proactive. Find a way to increase your income. Some of the hardest working people I know are also some of the poorest. Here’s a little hint. You make a living using your back. If you want to make a lot of money use your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  I can sympathize with you. But being vile doesn’t get you any land. Either sit back and be vile or get proactive. Find a way to increase your income. Some of the hardest working people I know are also some of the poorest. Here’s a little hint. You make a living using your back. If you want to make a lot of money use your brain.
                  Couldnt agree more.

Comment

Working...
                  X