Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

IOWA Live!! Finally Drew That COVETED Tag!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow so far. I have only seen one young 10 point and a doe. Someone needs to tell them
    It’s party time!

Comment

Joe picked us up at 2:30 and we made a pretty good drive to a farm north of Albia. I am in a big split tree near the point of a finger type food plot. Tons of scrapes on my way in. It’s nice to change the scenery a bit.

Joe was also nice enough to offer me his binos so I’m back in business there!

One of the top prospects on this place is a solid mature 10 point they’re calling “Turkey Foot”. There are also some big bodied tanks that won’t score a lot but will for sure be considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice ones. Hope one walks out in front of ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got quiet on here.

Comment

Come on with the update

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
              Joe picked us up at 2:30 and we made a pretty good drive to a farm north of Albia. I am in a big split tree near the point of a finger type food plot. Tons of scrapes on my way in. It’s nice to change the scenery a bit.

Joe was also nice enough to offer me his binos so I’m back in business there!

One of the top prospects on this place is a solid mature 10 point they’re calling “Turkey Foot”. There are also some big bodied tanks that won’t score a lot but will for sure be considered.

Good luck…I believe Bill Winke had a farm in that area until recently.

Comment

I did not have great signal this evening. It was slow for me again. I seen one young 8, a spike, raccoon, and some turkeys.

Conner encountered one for sure shooter with a doe out of range, he seen several other deer, and finished the evening with a hard pass 4 year old 9 point. I’ll try and get pics for you guys from his hunt.

Comment

Back in a new timber spot this morning. I am up on a ridge with draws on each side of me. Good bedding to my West, food to my South and West passed the bedding, and pasture ground to my North. I bumped something close to tree coming in.

Conner is back in same spot as yesterday evening. We’re pretty sure it is Turkey Foot that he seen over there last night. Hopefully he will cooperate better this morning!

Comment

Topo view

Comment

This young 10 read the script perfect. He took the trail at 25 yards.

Comment

Pretty buck Justin. Bet he hard the heart pumping! Y’all keep at em!

Comment

Probably 40 minutes after the 10 worked through, I decided to rattle a bit. I was banging on them pretty good and mid rattle session a pretty 8 point snuck in to 20 yards! I just need a bigger one to do the same.

Comment

Probably 40 minutes after the 10 worked through, I decided to rattle a bit. I was banging on them pretty good and mid rattle session a pretty 8 point snuck in to 20 yards! I just need a bigger one to do the same.

That’s a nice deer!

Comment

Whew I might’ve had to end the hunt early! Heck of an 8. Good sign they are up and moving.

Comment

That buck is a pig! Look at his neck, you can see the fat roles on him!

Comment

Working...
                                X