This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    That has been what I am reading as well. Sitting out his senior season is certainly not helping the case for him, but they are still honoring his scholarship.

They have some other guys on their board and feel really good about what Johnathon Brooks is giving them as a true freshman. They have Jamarion Miller committed at RB in the class too.

With Patterson out at TCU, maybe Texas can circle back to Jaylon Guilbeau (DB)

It has been discussed before, but recruits don't take wins and losses like fans do. While winning probably helps more than losing, it is not a major factor for a lot of kids how the season plays out in most cases.
    I think they'd take Guilbeau, but he ended up at TCU because they recruited him much harder than Texas did.

Comment

As bad as it hurts, I think Texas blows their 4th straight double digit 2nd half lead and loses again on their way to a 5-7 season. Unlike, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St, Oklahoma and a&m, Texas is not 4 deep with 85 5*s, yet. The defense gets gassed in the 2nd half and PK has not shown me any reason to believe he can make adjustments to stop anybody. A couple of the receivers, especially #9, need to catch the dam ball!!! At least 3 TD's dropped last week. Dicker needs to stick to kicking the ball and not try any fake punts this week either.

Still hoping for a W, but the outlook is not too good.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
        As bad as it hurts, I think Texas blows their 4th straight double digit 2nd half lead and loses again on their way to a 5-7 season. Unlike, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St, Oklahoma and a&m, Texas is not 4 deep with 85 5*s, yet. The defense gets gassed in the 2nd half and PK has not shown me any reason to believe he can make adjustments to stop anybody. A couple of the receivers, especially #9, need to catch the dam ball!!! At least 3 TD's dropped last week. Dicker needs to stick to kicking the ball and not try any fake punts this week either.

Still hoping for a W, but the outlook is not too good.
        FWIW, The drops were from #6 and #15.

Comment

The Ags defense is going to have to play lights out this week. Bo nix is like Jefferson from Arkansas except for nix is a little quicker than Jefferson and Jefferson hurt us when we played them . Calzada is going to have to play like he did against Alabama as well . Needs to be accurate and make smart throws .

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
            The Ags defense is going to have to play lights out this week. Bo nix is like Jefferson from Arkansas except for nix is a little quicker than Jefferson and Jefferson hurt us when we played them . Calzada is going to have to play like he did against Alabama as well . Needs to be accurate and make smart throws .
            Stop Nix, Keep Nix off the field by running the ball and the clock then all you have to worry about is one of the best RBs in CFB, Tank Bigsby

No problem, we got this. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              FWIW, The drops were from #6 and #15.
              Your right, Moore fumbled in the red zone as well.

Comment

Twitter is a buzz with Joey McGuire (current AHC / OLB at Baylor) to Texas Tech. I would love for this to happen and my wife would go crazy. She is very close to Joey McGuire and his circle of trust. He is awesome leader and would do great at Texas Tech surrounded with a good staff. He would have the THSCA fired up for this hire. If Traylor is off the table, this is your dude. We were hoping to get Traylor to Tech and Joey to UTSA, but Joey straight to Tech would be awesome day in our house.

Word is Sonny Dykes is close to an extension at SMU.

I saw Chris Peterson name come up for TCU, but UCLA could throw a wrench into that. Billy Napier name is out there for TCU as well. I don's see Napier jumping on something until he knows what LSU is going to do. I think when LSU and USC happen, you will see the dominos really start to go around the country.

Smoke that UCLA could open up. Florida seems to be off the rocker as well.

This may be my favorite off season ever with so many moving parts.

Comment

Twitter is a buzz with Joey McGuire (current AHC / OLB at Baylor) to Texas Tech. I would love for this to happen and my wife would go crazy. She is very close to Joey McGuire and his circle of trust. He is awesome leader and would do great at Texas Tech surrounded with a good staff. He would have the THSCA fired up for this hire. If Traylor is off the table, this is your dude. We were hoping to get Traylor to Tech and Joey to UTSA, but Joey straight to Tech would be awesome day in our house.

Word is Sonny Dykes is close to an extension at SMU.

I saw Chris Peterson name come up for TCU, but UCLA could throw a wrench into that. Billy Napier name is out there for TCU as well. I don's see Napier jumping on something until he knows what LSU is going to do. I think when LSU and USC happen, you will see the dominos really start to go around the country.

Smoke that UCLA could open up. Florida seems to be off the rocker as well.

This may be my favorite off season ever with so many moving parts.
                  Joey would be a good fit for Tech IMO. Napier, Dykes, and Traylor are the three main 'targets' for Donati at this point with Petersen getting some play. Petersen seems like a pipe dream but not up to date on his family situation.

Comment

I will be in College Station for the game this week, looking forward to being back in Kyle Field!

Defense is gonna have to play very well and OL is gonna have to block well to allow the run game to get going, and maybe Calzada can go a game without throwing a INT this week!

Comment

That would also suck for Cumbie in the case of McGuire going to Tech but so it goes I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        Joey would be a good fit for Tech IMO. Napier, Dykes, and Traylor are the three main 'targets' for Donati at this point with Petersen getting some play. Petersen seems like a pipe dream but not up to date on his family situation.
                        A lot going on right now in college football coaching, that's for sure! Saw Traylor signed an extension but only a $7m buyout so he's probably just setting his market value lol. He'd be crazy not to jump to P5 if one of these open jobs offers more than his $2.8m. But contracts definitely don't mean they're off the table of consideration.

Comment

On a side note, i would love to see GP's defense at LSU with those recruits and his intensity.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the 4th and 11 call was absolutely horrible when trailing by 3???
                            Adios,
                            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                              A lot going on right now in college football coaching, that's for sure! Saw Traylor signed an extension but only a $7m buyout so he's probably just setting his market value lol. He'd be crazy not to jump to P5 if one of these open jobs offers more than his $2.8m. But contracts definitely don't mean they're off the table of consideration.
                              From what I have been told about Traylor and watching / listening / reading to his and other comments about the situation it appears he is locked into UTSA. Every man has a price, but I can not see him taking another job. He has doubled down on staying at UTSA. While I typically would be cynical of coach speak like this, I believe him.

Comment

From what I have been told about Traylor and watching / listening / reading to his and other comments about the situation it appears he is locked into UTSA. Every man has a price, but I can not see him taking another job. He has doubled down on staying at UTSA. While I typically would be cynical of coach speak like this, I believe him.

I don’t think he budges at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X