Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can’t see any Tech fan getting excited for Cumbie.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      Jimbo has been a P5 coach for a decade. Not taking anything from Traylor at all, he seems to be a good one. I think Tech is a perfect fit for him.
      For a while . . He's got his eyes on the prize . . Peewee has, coincidentally, 2 years . .

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        I can’t see any Tech fan getting excited for Cumbie.
        Absolutely not. His play calling has been horrible and wasn’t much better at TCU aside from Boykin years. He has no experience as a head coach. Hard hard pass. Time to open the check book and bring in someone.

Comment

No clue the source
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
            Absolutely not. His play calling has been horrible and wasn’t much better at TCU aside from Boykin years. He has no experience as a head coach. Hard hard pass. Time to open the check book and bring in someone.
            Cumbie is a great dude and solid recruiter, a play caller he is NOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              Cumbie..Sunny D aint going no where.
              Whoooooo!

Comment

Lol not sure what makes you think he would not want to give another shot at the Power 5 level at his Alma Mater. Especially with SMU about to be in the conference limbo. I like Dykes and not taking anything away, but don’t look too deep into his current undefeated season.
                Attached Files

Comment

A checkbook Tech does not have or will not use it. They have had opportunities to use one in the past and have never done it that I have seen

Look at Techs past and what they were touting before this loss. "With one more win we will be bowl eligible." Never mentioned need of a conference title, just bowl eligibility. I lived in Lubbock for 45 years and this is all they wanted, a bowl game!

Look at the people reporting on this and comments from supporters on the interweb, not just me. NONE and I mean NONE were behind the Wells hire from Day 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    A checkbook Tech does not have or will not use it. They have had opportunities to use one in the past and have never done it that I have seen

Look at Techs past and what they were touting before this loss. "With one more win we will be bowl eligible." Never mentioned need of a conference title, just bowl eligibility. I lived in Lubbock for 45 years and this is all they wanted, a bowl game!

Look at the people reporting on this and comments from supporters on the interweb, not just me. NONE and I mean NONE were behind the Wells hire from Day 1!
                    I wasn’t a fan of the hire either. But let’s not forget they had top 5 highest paid basketball coach and currently a top 3 paid baseball coach so clearly they know what it takes to be competitive on pay. I agree they don’t go the route other in state programs do to send out a blank check, and sometimes I wish they did, but while they may not have cash on hand like UT or A&M, they have plenty to pay to play. To be honest, to compare those other two programs is a stretch when they’re amongst probably the top five in the country of largest athletic budgets from age old education grants. I do agree that the “bowl game” mentality they used to have was a joke. Nobody cares about irrelevant bowl games. The bar should be sent higher than some subpar spare bowl game. Hopefully they make a good decision and things start moving in the right direction.
                    Last edited by Fmjag64; 10-25-2021, 10:11 PM.

Comment

One of my Tech friend's said he wants no part of Traylor because he will bolt for Texas in a couple of years.

I sure hope their isn't an opening at Texas in a couple of years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Traylor is a really good coach and has respect across the entire state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lol not sure what makes you think he would not want to give another shot at the Power 5 level at his Alma Mater. Especially with SMU about to be in the conference limbo. I like Dykes and not taking anything away, but don’t look too deep into his current undefeated season.
                          He doesn't love Tech as much as people think. Folks just assume that because of his name.

Comment

He doesn't love Tech as much as people think. Folks just assume that because of his name.
                            It's a business move. Would be going from non Power 5 to Power 5 school and making more money. Kind of the name of the game. However I do think i like some other names . I like Dykes but not sure if he's the guy to relight the fires and get it going.

Comment

It's a business move. Would be going from non Power 5 to Power 5 school and making more money. Kind of the name of the game. However I do think i like some other names . I like Dykes but not sure if he's the guy to relight the fires and get it going.
                              The P5 thing is about to be a wash.

Comment

He's essentially a .500 ball coach.....

Comment

Working...
                                X