Alec Baldwin involved with shooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

What should he have looked for when the gun changed hands? Was he supposed to be an expert on the difference in dummy rounds and live rounds? This was a workplace accident and someone was tasked with the safety of the workplace. I totally get what you're saying if we're sitting around a fire passing a gun around. But that wasn't the case.
    Regardless of where it takes place, when a lethal weapon, that can ONLY be operated by the hand holding it changes hands, 100% of the responsibility changes with it.
    Whether it be work or campfire, it makes 0 difference. Putting any level of blame on the armorer is ridiculous.
    This shooting is 100% on Baldwin. He was screwing around and killed someone.
    Because he is an arrogant, hot headed, idiot, he made the choice HIMSELF to point the gun at a person and pull the trigger, not knowing whether or not it was loaded and killed an innocent woman. And then lied about it. He is an arrogant POS. He knows exactly what he did.

Comment

No matter what level of responsibility Baldwin should/will be held to here, one thing is for sure; he flat out lied, when he said that he didn't pull the trigger.
      Last edited by HeyMikey; 01-22-2024, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

^^^This is a faulty analogy, you’re again ignoring the role of the armorer.

I pull the pin on a grenade and throw it to you.
        You have no knowledge of grenades or that this grenade is live but you catch it anyway.
        You immediately throw it down the street and it lands in front of a McDonalds.
        Curt is walking out of the McDonalds with a sack of McRibs. Grenade goes off and Curt drops the sack on the ground.

Who’s at fault for Curt losing his lunch?
        Bad analogy. Curt is carrying a bag of gut bombs. I’d rule self defense. Besides dropping those gut bombs in the dirt would enhance his dining pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
          No matter what level of responsibility Baldwin sure be held to here, one thing is for sure; he flat out lied, when he said that he didn't pull the trigger.
          Yes he did. Some have a tendency to do that when they get caught. She probably offended him.

He has a history.

Comment

You have no knowledge of grenades or that this grenade is live but you catch it anyway.
            Curt is walking out of the McDonalds with a sack of McRibs. Grenade goes off and Curt drops the sack on the ground.

Depends. If there are Muslims around that get splattered with McRib it would turn into a hate crime.

How would everyone on this thread feel if the woman he shot was your wife or daughter?
            IMO - Someone needs to be held accountable (maybe they have as I have not kept up). Zero chance he, the armorer, and the set should all be found not guilty.

And for those saying it wasn't his job... What law states when exactly the responsibility changes hands? If we're all around a campfire passing around a gun and Joe signs a waiver saying gun is not loaded (or doesn't work and is not loaded) would he then be responsible? What if he just verbally tells all 6 guys around the fire?

Comment

What do you know, this back button does work.

Comment

Y'all are crazy if you think I'd ever drop a bag of McRibs.....

Comment

Not arguing, because you certainly know more about the law than me, but he's only guilty if a jury says so. The facts being what they are, I wouldn't hold him responsible if I were a juror. His job as an actor doesn't make him any kind of knowledgable about firearms or dummy rounds. He went to work to perform a task. He was given a faulty tool at work, by the responsible party, and someone died. If he was a mechanic and checked out a new jack and later a car fell on his coworker, he wouldn't be expected to be an expert in hydraulic jacks. This is NOT the same as picking up a gun at deer camp and not checking to see if it was loaded. The gun was SUPPOSED to be loaded. Just not with a live round.

Oh hell.....I am arguing.
                  Truth! This is quitel literally the only reason to have an armorer, because most actors are dumbasses!

Comment

Let's not forget the real victim in this crime. Curt's poor toilet. #justiceforOleJohn

Comment

If most of the comments on this thread are contrary to mine, that's makes me feel a lot better about my own.
                      That aint NO lie...I think Baldwin probably knows more about firearms and ammo, than SOME people here do about analogies.

Comment

Karma is about to pay this jerkwad a visit. The poor woman's family is owed bigly. Who in hazelnut would hire a crack head female to be the armorer? Restitution should come from the top down on everyone involved and especially those that touched the gun and ammo.

Comment

Not arguing, because you certainly know more about the law than me, but he's only guilty if a jury says so. The facts being what they are, I wouldn't hold him responsible if I were a juror. His job as an actor doesn't make him any kind of knowledgable about firearms or dummy rounds. He went to work to perform a task. He was given a faulty tool at work, by the responsible party, and someone died. If he was a mechanic and checked out a new jack and later a car fell on his coworker, he wouldn't be expected to be an expert in hydraulic jacks. This is NOT the same as picking up a gun at deer camp and not checking to see if it was loaded. The gun was SUPPOSED to be loaded. Just not with a live round.

Oh hell.....I am arguing.
                          Ok, for the sake of arguments (although we aint married so we're just conversating).....right?.

Bartender sells a guy at the bar two many double vodkas and dude leaves the bar and kills someone in an accident. Should the bartender be charged? I mean he/she is performing a task right? The drunk knows he should have checked himself after 2 drinks.

bad analogies aside, I'll testify in a murder case in 2 weeks. One guy has already pled to life in prison for that murder. That guy wasnt the shooter. The shooter is now on trial and was offered 60 years by the state. He wanted 55 but the state refused. 60 or trial.

Why did the guy plea to life for a murder where he didnt shoot anyone? Because he was there and a willing party to the crime. That still meets the criteria of murder by the way the law is wrote
                          Last edited by Quackerbox; 01-22-2024, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Heres another one

Dudes come to an apartment with the intent to liberate the occupant of the apartment of his marijuana. A shoot out ensues from the apartment, down the stairs and into the parking lot. One of the robbers is shot in the leg and hobbles back to the car and taken to the hospital. His leg is amputated due to the wound.

Turns out hop along was out on parole for Agg Robbery in another (see republican county). Home Invasion dope rips are a violation of parole in that county so he gets violated and put back in jail with one leg. The judge revokes his parole and puts him back on trial for the parole violation. We testify etc go to lunch etc. Judge revokes his parole and sends him to TDC for 25 years since he violated parole for being shot and loosing a leg in an attempted robbery

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Ok, for the sake of arguments (although we aint married so we're just conversating).....right?.

Bartender sells a guy at the bar two many double vodkas and dude leaves the bar and kills someone in an accident. Should the bartender be charged? I mean he/she is performing a task right? The drunk knows he should have checked himself after 2 drinks.

bad analogies aside, I'll testify in a murder case in 2 weeks. One guy has already pled to life in prison for that murder. That guy wasnt the shooter. The shooter is now on trial and was offered 60 years by the state. He wanted 55 but the state refused. 60 or trial.

Why did the guy plea to life for a murder where he didnt shoot anyone? Because he was there and a willing party to the crime. That still meets the criteria of murder by the way the law is wrote
                              That's just a bad analogy. Guy at bar ordered, paid for and believed he received Tonic water with Lime. Little did he know that the bartender put half a bottle of TItos in his drinks before serving him.

As far as being party to crime, don't you have to knowingly be party to that crime. If you and I go into a liquor store for a bottle of hooch and you rob the place, while I'm paying for my MadDog, am I a willing participant because we showed up together? I doubt it.

Again,,,dip**** thought he had a gun filled with dummy rounds, as per SOP, the script, the way things are always done, etc. He wasn't a knowing participant to the crime....errr...accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Heres another one

Dudes come to an apartment with the intent to liberate the occupant of the apartment of his marijuana. A shoot out ensues from the apartment, down the stairs and into the parking lot. One of the robbers is shot in the leg and hobbles back to the car and taken to the hospital. His leg is amputated due to the wound.

Turns out hop along was out on parole for Agg Robbery in another (see republican county). Home Invasion dope rips are a violation of parole in that county so he gets violated and put back in jail with one leg. The judge revokes his parole and puts him back on trial for the parole violation. We testify etc go to lunch etc. Judge revokes his parole and sends him to TDC for 25 years since he violated parole for being shot and loosing a leg in an attempted robbery
                                That's a clear-cut crime. Easy to prove. You're really bad at analogies for such a smart dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X