Alec Baldwin involved with shooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    For authenticity, the movie industry uses real weapons. A relative was a property master on many movies, and he would be the person who would rent the firearms from a supply company. I think he had an FFL, but it's been years and I'm not sure.

There was somebody else in the production company as the armourer whose job was to be responsible for them at the production set, storage, cleaning, actor training and SAFETY.
    Originally posted by Bill View Post
    It wasn’t a prop- it was a real, functioning pistol. It was involuntary manslaughter, not pre meditated murder.

Disgusting they dropped charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Apparently using a real gun is industry standard, so how is it his fault? The fault lies in the safety man, or whatever they call him in that industry.

Comment

Everyone seems to think that “prop” means fake. It doesn’t. “Prop” is short for “Property”, meaning it is the property of the set / movie or on loan to the movie company. They are real guns and shoot real bullets. There are some that are fake but those are usually used when one actor hits another actor with the gun.
      This actor has been pampered and every thing given to him without him ever having to lift a finger so when the gun was given to him he naturally assumed that everything had been taken care of for him. He was wrong. As was the armorer. Where I hold him accountable was the fact that he lied about everything. He blamed the gun. He blamed everyone around him but he never took any responsibility for what happened. He’s a lying hypocrite and should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
        Apparently using a real gun is industry standard, so how is it his fault? The fault lies in the safety man, or whatever they call him in that industry.
        It’s his fault Mike because he pointed the gun and pulled the trigger. You would have been charged if you had shot someone with a gun you thought wasn’t loaded. You would probably be convicted too. I said he wouldn’t from the get-go because it’s Hollywood and not the real world, so he’s home free.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          It’s his fault Mike because he pointed the gun and pulled the trigger. You would have been charged if you had shot someone with a gun you thought wasn’t loaded. You would probably be convicted too. I said he wouldn’t from the get-go because it’s Hollywood and not the real world, so he’s home free.
          I agree Don. And let’s not forget that this hypocritical libtard has stood against guns for many years but has no problem putting one in his hands for millions of dollars. But for the record I never one time entertained the thought that he would be convicted.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
            Same ^. Don't like him but it was freaking movie where everything is fake....except the one thing that mattered. Not his fault though.

Absolutely his fault.

Are you familiar with the 4 rules?

I don’t give a **** who hands me a gun and for what purpose, I’m checking it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Absolutely his fault.

I don’t give a **** who hands me a gun and for what purpose, I’m checking it myself.

Because you know better…

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Absolutely his fault.

Are you familiar with the 4 rules?

How dare you have common sense and take responsibility for your actions. You heathen.....

I bet Keanu ASSUMED every gun he was handed was unloaded and pointed it at people without checking.....

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  How dare you have common sense and take responsibility for your actions. You heathen.....

I bet Keanu ASSUMED every gun he was handed was unloaded and pointed it at people without checking.....

Sierracharlie out....
                  Lol! Apples and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                    I agree.

No way I’m trusting someone else to say if a gun is unloaded or in this case “prop” bullets without checking for my self. He’s responsible 100% just like anyone else would be. IMO.

If he’s made a living off using guns in movies, he should be a pro now on gun safety and how to use and treat one correctly.
                    so what happens in a movie where the "prop crew" hand you a hand grenade or a small nuclear device...or a bag of "prop cocaine"?? should you just assume it is real and make sure it is not first?

I can't stand this guy but he is thrown into the make-believe world and was playing make believe. it is a tragic FU of the greatest magnitude. The folks responsible for the props are at fault here......once again..I cannot STAND this guy but he is just the jester in the court of fools here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      so what happens in a movie where the "prop crew" hand you a hand grenade or a small nuclear device...or a bag of "prop cocaine"?? should you just assume it is real and make sure it is not first?

I can't stand this guy but he is thrown into the make-believe world and was playing make believe. it is a tragic FU of the greatest magnitude. The folks responsible for the props are at fault here......once again..I cannot STAND this guy but he is just the jester in the court of fools here.
                      Yes, it is trying to make a make-believe world into a real world.

I suspect that they put together a crappy case in the indictment and missed something and may refile it later. I don’t think double jeopardy attaches unless a jury is seated. They can drop charges and refile them.

Comment

Not the same. IMO.

Unless you are a monkey you should know gun safety when handling one. It’s not a toy and even some of those blank rounds can kill someone from what I’ve heard. He’s the person with the gun in hand and finger on the trigger. He should know the difference or stop doing gun movies. There is no excuse. IMO.

Why can’t he check the loaded gun him self to be safe as an extra layer of safety instead of relying on solely on someone else to?

Comment

Not the same. IMO.

Unless you are a monkey you should know gun safety when handling one. It’s not a toy and even some of those blank rounds can kill someone from what I’ve heard. He’s the person with the gun in hand and finger on the trigger. He should know the difference or stop doing gun movies. There is no excuse. IMO.

Why can’t he check the loaded gun him self to be safe as an extra layer of safety instead of relying on solely on someone else to?
                          I don't want to argue with you but someone was paid to check. He is just the idiot that plays the part of the tough guy. the criteria to be an actor does not include gun safety, child safety, car safety, etc....it requires the ability to act (pretend).

anyway....he is an idiot

Comment

I don't want to argue with you but someone was paid to check. He is just the idiot that plays the part of the tough guy. the criteria to be an actor does not include gun safety, child safety, car safety, etc....it requires the ability to act (pretend).

anyway....he is an idiot
                            I hear ya and I’m not wanting to argue either. I do understand what you are saying.

I just can’t comprehend why gun safety/training isn’t mandatory for all while making movies involving guns. I know they pay someone to handle the guns and stuff but it’s just crazy to me to point a real gun at someone and pull the trigger while messing around.

Someone put those live rounds in the gun.

I’m just talking out loud. I do see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post

How is it his fault? He aimed it at the director and pulled the trigger.

I agree the woman in charge of firearms was negligent and contributed to the death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hear ya and I’m not wanting to argue either. I do understand what you are saying.

I just can’t comprehend why gun safety/training isn’t mandatory for all while making movies involving guns. I know they pay someone to handle the guns and stuff but it’s just crazy to me to point a real gun at someone and pull the trigger while messing around.

Someone put those live rounds in the gun.

I’m just talking out loud. I do see your point.
                                and I see your point as well. We grew up in a world of guns and therefore gun safety. He would not know a real gun anyhow. hand him a gun and a plastic shiny knife and he is ready to kick some a++. the whole thing grosses me out.

Comment

Working...
                                X