Beaumont Exxon union strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Couldn't tell you about the 3%. I got 4%.
    Plus a bonus.
    And, at our site I have everything you have and more. I guess what you are saying is the only lazy people are union hourly. No salary or contract folks are lazy?

If you like being salary that's good. It's probably what you wanted all along.
    You sure did not mind the union scale and benefits when you hired in or you would have gone to a non represented site.

Most of the salary folks I know understand the more we make the more they make. The company has to keep their scale a bit higher than ours in order for people to take salary jobs. Especially foremen positions.

Even mgt. has admitted this to me.
    What more do you have ? Please tell me so I can let my crew know what to ask for.. I'm salary exempt. That means anything out side of my shift is still ot. I did forget to say bonus as well .. yeah I'm a leader so getting out of the union asap was always my goal .. I don't fallow well so i was never liked by the union folks..

Comment

Why are you so interested? Would you like a union membership signup card? I have a desk full. Be glad to mail you one.
      So are you saying I was correct?

Comment

Why are you so interested? Would you like a union membership signup card? I have a desk full. Be glad to mail you one.

What's talked about amongst union leadership certainly should not and will not be spread on a message board amongst fine folks like yourself. Get a longer shovel. You need to dig a lot deeper.
        You are aware that anyone can join your special club. Kinda like the jelly of the month club. Doesn't take anything special, just money...

Comment

What's talked about amongst union leadership certainly should not and will not be spread on a message board amongst fine folks like yourself. Get a longer shovel. You need to dig a lot deeper.
          You might want to reread my questions.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            Because they initiated the lockout, with no concern for the well being of the workers family or welfare. Its just, "there is the gate, so hit it!"

It would be the equivalent of your employer locking the doors until you agreed on lower pay, less benefits. Unless you are self employed.
            And at that moment, I would have to decide to take the less pay/benefits or go work somewhere else. Capitalism is great and beautiful if you let it run its course. If you are a good worker, you will be valued and sought after and be offered more incentive (ie wages, benefits, etc...) to work for the company that wants you. Unions are one of the main reasons so little is produced here in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
              And at that moment, I would have to decide to take the less pay/benefits or go work somewhere else. Capitalism is great and beautiful if you let it run its course. If you are a good worker, you will be valued and sought after and be offered more incentive (ie wages, benefits, etc...) to work for the company that wants you. Unions are one of the main reasons so little is produced here in the states.
              And if you are over the age of 50 how many people are going to hire you? Some of these folks are probably close to retirement and prefer not to start over. Also, we now see during Covid what producing items overseas will get you. Genius ideas.
              Last edited by Bayouboy; 10-22-2021, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Unions…lmao!
                Why anyone with a good head on their shoulders would work for one is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  Unions…lmao!
                  Why anyone with a good head on their shoulders would work for one is beyond me.
                  Agreed why would you? You are a member of and represented by the union. Not working for the union

Does the PACE forum know you are off the reservation?

Comment

Agreed why would you? You are a member of and represented by the union. Not working for the union

Does the PACE forum know you are off the reservation?
                    The union doesn’t do **** for me.

Unions are for those that can’t stand on their own 2 feet.
                    Here is a little example of how unions work…
                    Joe, the dumb azz has 10 years experience. He calls in sick , of course no more that what he can get away with…He produces very little. His coworker Bob shows up every day and produces a lot more than dumb azz Joe. However, they make the same money…
                    Unfortunately there has to be some cuts. The cut won’t effect dumb azz Joe though. He has “seniority “ over Bob.
                    Eff a union…

Comment

The union doesn’t do **** for me.

Unions are for those that can’t stand on their own 2 feet.
                      Here is a little example of how unions work…
                      Joe, the dumb azz has 10 years experience. He calls in sick , of course no more that what he can get away with…He produces very little. His coworker Bob shows up every day and produces a lot more than dumb azz Joe. However, they make the same money…
                      Unfortunately there has to be some cuts. The cut won’t effect dumb azz Joe though. He has “seniority “ over Bob.
                      Eff a union…
                      The IBEW is just a phone call away if you ever need a few good electricians for one of your projects.

Comment

The IBEW is just a phone call away if you ever need a few good electricians for one of your projects.
                        Good and union has never gone together in my 30 years experience in the electrical business.
                        If they were any good they wouldn’t be looking for a job…

I was correct about dum azz Joe, huh?
                        Last edited by Rubi513; 10-22-2021, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Good and union has never gone together in my 30 years experience in the electrical business.
                          If they were any good they wouldn’t be looking for a job…

I was correct about dum azz Joe, huh?
                          Joe? Sometimes that happens. It also happens in non union facilities.

No company or union has a perfect system.

Comment

I feel for workers that were locked out and have not been able to go back to work. Not going to bash the union as it’s pointless. The company always has the upper hand in these situations because they have the money and the time to drag this out as long as they want. The union employees will lose something in the end, they always do. But they will have their jobs.
                            32+ years in the industry with three companies. Nine months of that were with a union company before a contract year in 2007. Bad timing, bad unit, and sneaky upper management left a bad impression of union representation on me. But my situation has nothing to do with this.
                            Good luck to the hourly.

Comment

Union, non-union, it matters not. Bad representation on both sides, lazy workers on both sides, bad supervision on both sides, on and on and on. The point is EM is doing an underhanded thing here and not concerned with their employees welfare. This isn't about employees welfare, this is revenge motivated. Power. Advantage over the workforce.

And still backburnered by the media.

Comment

I used to have Union vs Non Union discussions with my railroad cousin (engineer). I told him that until we both have billions of dollars to start a similar company we both still work for the man.

Comment

Working...
                                X