X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Let's start drinking!

Game Day's location looks like it will have an impact on our usual gathering spot of friends, but no messing with tradition; Pizza and Nachos tent will be rocking!
    Food court is the spot. Cheapest beer. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
      Definitely cringe worthy... Thank goodness he is not a representative of our school...
      That is funny.

Comment

Yeah but how awesome to get the best of both worlds? Hunting and college football. I love nothing more than going out on a Saturday morning hunt, come back, cook some biscuits, sausage and gravy, watch the mid day games on our patio. And if my Horns are stinking it up, I go do something else....
        I have been somewhere hunting or fishing for every TX/OU since about 2003 for this reason. Unfortunately, we don't get ABC at the deer lease so I'm gonna have to run into San Angelo after the morning hunt, watch the game, and head back for the evening hunt. Since it is supposed to be 95 degrees Saturday, I shouldn't miss too much stand time.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          I have been somewhere hunting or fishing for every TX/OU since about 2003 for this reason. Unfortunately, we don't get ABC at the deer lease so I'm gonna have to run into San Angelo after the morning hunt, watch the game, and head back for the evening hunt. Since it is supposed to be 95 degrees Saturday, I shouldn't miss too much stand time.
          Where in Coke county? My in laws ranch is just north of there in Shep. You can always use the ESPN watch app (assuming you have cell coverage or even care?)

Comment

Where in Coke county? My in laws ranch is just north of there in Shep. You can always use the ESPN watch app (assuming you have cell coverage or even care?)
            We are between Robert Lee and San Angelo about 40 miles from Shep. I could go get up on a mountain top and watch it from my phone now because coverage has gotten better. But, I don't really want to sit out there when it is 95 anyway. Or sit in a pop up when it is 95.

Comment

We are between Robert Lee and San Angelo about 40 miles from Shep. I could go get up on a mountain top and watch it from my phone now because coverage has gotten better. But, I don't really want to sit out there when it is 95 anyway. Or sit in a pop up when it is 95.
              true that, no fun when its a scorcher! again, I love going to the ranch and getting my game fix there! Good luck!

Comment

Been awhile since I have been able to watch the game myself. I've been in Iowa Park, the last 5-6 at a kid's fishing event with FND. Same weekend every year....9am-1pm. I can stream it on my phone and do, but we are usually so busy I don't have time to watch. Hopefully I can catch some of the second half on the drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Been awhile since I have been able to watch the game myself. I've been in Iowa Park, the last 5-6 at a kid's fishing event with FND. Same weekend every year....9am-1pm. I can stream it on my phone and do, but we are usually so busy I don't have time to watch. Hopefully I can catch some of the second half on the drive home.
                    [emoji2357][emoji2357]

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Food court is the spot. Cheapest beer. Lol.

Pizza and Nacho is the cheapest beer in the State Fair. Right by the Turkey Legs by Dickel tent. Why in the world would you want to be inside a building jam packed like cattle? The food court sucks.

We are getting reports of Game Day actually setting up on our location, so looks like for the first time in 20+ years we are looking at Plan B.

Comment

Pizza and Nacho is the cheapest beer in the State Fair. Right by the Turkey Legs by Dickel tent. Why in the world would you want to be inside a building jam packed like cattle? The food court sucks.

We are getting reports of Game Day actually setting up on our location, so looks like for the first time in 20+ years we are looking at Plan B.
                        There's always Blue Goose

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          [emoji2357][emoji2357]

I know right. Screw those kids!! [emoji2359]

Can you believe I have survived all these years not being able to watch every Texas CFB game?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Mike’s (and “my”) Hawkeyes have a big game against PSU on Saturday. I’m not ready to buy in on Penn State. I think Iowa defense continues to generate turnovers and remains undefeated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I am nervous, excited, and ready for this game. This is going to be a tough test for the Hawkeyes.

The Hawkeye defense has held their opponents to 25 points or less for 27 consecutive games. They will need to extend that streak and the offense will have to step up for them to beat Penn State. The whole state is Black and Gold this week with Hawkeye flags and banners everywhere. This game is huge for the state of Iowa.

This will be the biggest game for Iowa since the 2015 Big 10 championship game against Michigan State. Michigan State beat Iowa 16-13 on a touchdown with 27 seconds remaining. Michigan State advanced to final 4 (College Football Playoffs) to later lose to Alabama. Iowa finished 12-2 that year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Mike’s (and “my”) Hawkeyes have a big game against PSU on Saturday. I’m not ready to buy in on Penn State. I think Iowa defense continues to generate turnovers and remains undefeated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you get tied to the Hawkeyes?

Comment

They have the cheap beer in the food court too. I been buying it there since high school. Lol. Not just TX/OU. I remember the place you are talking about too. Same price.

Comment

Working...
                                X