Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Come on with ldps!
    [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji106]
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Love a Happy ending!

Comment

With more and more funding cut for police (Austin) this is what it will take to save your stuff.

Comment

Now the Port Arthur police issued a statement to not take the law into your own hands. They want you to observe and call and let police handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
            Now the Port Arthur police issued a statement to not take the law into your own hands. They want you to observe and call and let police handle it.
            I do agree with this policy. “ I OBSERVED a robbery taking place and now I am CALLING to report a dead thug on the ground.”

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              I do agree with this policy. “ I OBSERVED a robbery taking place and now I am CALLING to report a dead thug on the ground.”
              Hail yeah. That might be their official PC statement but I bet the cops on the street getn it done every day have a different statement!! ..like "great shot!"

Comment

1 and 1/2 velvet Elvis' for the shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                  Hail yeah. That might be their official PC statement but I bet the cops on the street getn it done every day have a different statement!! ..like "great shot!"
                  I don’t even think it’s their official statement or at least not yet. I watched the local television piece and they interviewed a junior sergeant who stated that they would rather people call the police. They’ve been the routine police statement forever.

That was it. It was a non-prepared statement by the on duty supervisor when the news media showed up and stuck a camera in his face.

The citizen that did the shooting has never been mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                    I retired from there in early May. I could guarantee you are correct. A citizen involved shooting stopping a robbery or burglary is fairly rare. A can’t think of a couple off the top of my head from Port Arthur and I have never heard any bad remarks for the shooter.

Comment

Well that'll ruin your Friday night dinner at Churches.

I wonder if they were trying to stick up the counter workers / cash registers or customers?

The diner scene from Pulp Fiction comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                        When seconds count, help is an hour away.

Police typically arrive after the carnage is over. Nothing against them but they cannot protect - they prevent by presence and if they aren't there it is up to a free and armed citizenry to protect.

Comment

I can see it now... one down on the scene. Good blood trail on the other but put the dog on it just for practice.

Comment

That must be some good chicken.

Comment

God bless PAPD and BPD...lord knows they have their hands full

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                I retired from there in early May. I could guarantee you are correct. A citizen involved shooting stopping a robbery or burglary is fairly rare. A can’t think of a couple off the top of my head from Port Arthur and I have never heard any bad remarks for the shooter.
                                Thank you for doing what you did all those years.

Comment

Working...
                                X