Baseball Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    I have this card. Wonder if mine is worth $300 yet LOL Anyone want to buy it?

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...oldin-auction/
    My dad had this card.
    I have several from mid 80’s-mid 90’s. Baseball,basketball,football and even a few hockey.
    Had a lot of the desert storm cards also.

Comment

[QUOTE=RiverRat1;15842981]Isn't it like $150 per card for them to grade?[/QUOTE

More like 25 per card, at least it was when i sent a bunch to PSA a year ago.
      Last edited by Ksig512; 12-05-2021, 09:33 AM.

Comment

[quote=Ksig512;15974703]
        Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Isn't it like $150 per card for them to grade?[/QUOTE

More like 25 per card, at least it was when i sent a bunch to PSA a year ago.
        $25 is long gone. With Covid they are backed up and the only option is express at $150/card.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Next to hunting, card collecting is my favorite hobby. I have amassed quite a collection. I started when I was a kid in the 80s, stopped and picked it up again a few years ago. I know a lot about the hobby and card values. If you have any questions or just want to chat about it send me a PM. I'm also looking to buy or trade if anyone is interested.

Here are a few of my good ones.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200817_202432.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	24677843

Name:	2000_Bowman_236_TOM_BRADY__SGC-Grade-7_Auth-0224035_Front.jpg
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	24677844

Name:	1960_Topps_300_Hank_Aaron__SGC-Grade-3pt5_Auth-7541012-front.jpg
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	24677845

Name:	20200430_160943.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	24677846

Name:	20210509_213524.jpg
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	24677847

Name:	20210509_213548.jpg
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	24677848

Name:	20210509_213626.jpg
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	24677849

Name:	Screenshot_20210716-191423_eBay.jpg
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	24677850

Comment

I have a whole large box full in the attic all from the 90's. Gonna have to go pull it out tonight and see what condition they are in. They weren't worth anything then (all my good stuff was stolen)...so I doubt I have anything of value, but if someone is interested let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Oz_Ag View Post
              Next to hunting, card collecting is my favorite hobby. I have amassed quite a collection. I started when I was a kid in the 80s, stopped and picked it up again a few years ago. I know a lot about the hobby and card values. If you have any questions or just want to chat about it send me a PM. I'm also looking to buy or trade if anyone is interested.

Here are a few of my good ones.

[ATTACH]1081443[/ATTACH]
              Jeff, that '69 Ryan is the only card I ever got PSA graded, back 30+ years ago when I used to collect. I think it came back an 8 or 9, I'd have to dig it out and check. Maybe I'll dig out what I kept of my collection (mostly Ryan stuff) and let you go through it sometime, see if I have anything else worth grading.

Comment

I found all my old cards when I went back home over Christmas. Forgot how many I had...Lol I was a huge KG Jr fan and have all of his rookie cards in plastic cases.

The coolest thing is that my first trip to Dallas as a kid we went to 6 Flags where I played a game where I got to choose a MLB Baseball hard hat of any team I wanted. I chose a Mariners hat for KG Jr. Well as we were leaving the park to get on the shuttle back to our hotel, guess who steps off my hotel shuttle at 6 Flags? Ken freakin Griffey Jr and his girlfriend! He was in town for the following series with the Rangers. I about lost it when I saw him. I could barely find my breath to tell my dad and go talk to him. He was the nicest guy ever. He signed some things for me and took pics and was so gracious. Funny enough we saw him again the following day in the lobby of our hotel and he recognized us and got more pics with my cousins. Such an epic experience for a 11-12yo kid!

To add to that, my Dad took me to see a Rangers game and we went down early to try to see players before the game. I met and got autographs from Nolan Ryan who was hanging with his son and we all had a great conversation. I met Raphael Palmeiro, Julio Franco, and a few others. It was crazy to look back now at all the pictures and autographs I got. I didn't know what I had! I’m guessing this was around 1990-1991
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mdnabors; 02-21-2022, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I found a few the other day that have been in a box since the 90s

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a box full of Baseball Cards and Football cards from the 70’s and early 80’s. Sitting in a little Cedar box that I haven’t looked at in 30 years. I guess I need to see what is in that Box.

Comment

Cards are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I’ve got upwards of 20,000 cards ranging from 1980 to the late 90’s and they aren’t putting anyone through college.
                      Rookie cards of MANY superstars, all grade 10 or close to it. Buyers have way too many options.

Comment

Made way too many and flooded the market in the 80’s and 90’s. Ain’t worth squat!

Comment

My dad had shoeboxes full of baseball cards from the 50's and 60's when he was a boy. Years later when my grandpa was cleaning out his attic he called and asked my dad if he wanted them boxes of cards and he said no, just throw em on the burn pile the next time you burn trash!! Who knows what was in those boxes!!

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                            Cards are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I’ve got upwards of 20,000 cards ranging from 1980 to the late 90’s and they aren’t putting anyone through college.
                            Rookie cards of MANY superstars, all grade 10 or close to it. Buyers have way too many options.
                            Originally posted by Lights Out View Post
                            Made way too many and flooded the market in the 80’s and 90’s. Ain’t worth squat!
                            This isn't exactly true. They are worth what someone will pay for them and that can be good money. I have made a few thousand selling some of my 80s and 90s cards. There are some diamonds in the rough. You can definitely make enough to buy a new bow or bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-J View Post
                              My dad had shoeboxes full of baseball cards from the 50's and 60's when he was a boy. Years later when my grandpa was cleaning out his attic he called and asked my dad if he wanted them boxes of cards and he said no, just throw em on the burn pile the next time you burn trash!! Who knows what was in those boxes!!
                              There are a lot of stories similar to this one for the 50s and 60s cards. That's why they are worth more. My dad gave his to the neighbor kid next door when he went to college. There also weren't binders and fancy sleeves or cases to put them in, so if you have some in great shape they are worth lots more.

Comment

Cards

Originally posted by Oz_Ag View Post
                                There are a lot of stories similar to this one for the 50s and 60s cards. That's why they are worth more. My dad gave his to the neighbor kid next door when he went to college. There also weren't binders and fancy sleeves or cases to put them in, so if you have some in great shape they are worth lots more.

Where is a good place to sell cards?? Ebay?

Comment

Working...
                                X