Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will truck prices go down or is this the new normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    The land is set aside - south side of I 20 just east of the 20/30 split. (Part of the Walsh Ranch) and I think the FW city council approved tax incentives but I’ve heard nothing more.
    Im hearing that its coming to Sherman Texas

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      I’m so tired of hearing “the new normal” lol.

They’ll come back down.

You and me both!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update, we traded our 2020 Chevrolet custom 1500 for a 2022 Chevrolet custom 2500. I feel like I got a great deal, they gave us 32 for the 2020, we paid 31 for it two years ago, and the new truck was ordered (12 weeks out) so we got to pick and choose options to make it exactly how we like it, new truck will be 50k out the door so we will only come up around 18 short. Thanks for all
        Of the input

Comment

Did exactly the same thing as you. The used trucks were more than a new 2022

Comment

Never seen them go down in my life so I’ll say no

Comment

They will come down when interest rates go up since car purchases are highly dependent on debt. The car makers will try to stretch the length of the notes longer than the already insane length you can finance for to help offset the rate increase to keep people buying but they can only stretch it so far.

Comment

Don’t nothing go down on you anymore but your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                  Picked up my 2022 F350 today that I ordered back in June. It’s basically the same truck I had which was a 2012 F350. Both Lariat ultimate, FX4, CC LB. my 2012 MSRP was $64k. The new one was $74k. So in 10 years it went up $10k. This new one has sooo many more features, it’s actually incredible the technology they have in these trucks. If you calculate the percentage off MSRP I got back in 2012 and then look at what I got off MSPR (x plan) and the additional money I got selling the 2012 in this crazy market it came out the same. Also if you look at the percentage the price went up in 10 years vs the normal cost of living raise I assume most people get your better off now than before. Everyone has complained about the price of things forever. But they don’t stop to think how much more people make now. Sure back in 1970 you could buy a house way way cheaper than what a new pickup cost but you also made way way less at your job too. It’s all relative.

The CPI is at its highest level since the Great Recession and it’s biggest driver of price increases is vehicles. The percentage change of vehicles contributing to CPI faaaaar exceeds wage growth right now.

Comment

Man I want a new truck but I think I’ll dump 5-10k in my old Dually and be good to go for another 322k miles

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                      My NEWEST vehicle is 10 years old.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                      Same.

Wife has a 2012 jeep
                      I have 2003 3500 and a 98 2500 both Cummins

Comment

The only thing going down are sip fans on Sark! [emoji16]

Comment

I don't see them coming down. The debt ceiling is too high and our traitorous leadership in Washington has sold us lock stock and barrel to China.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2010. She fine as frog hair.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like I'll Keep my '10 half ton for a while longer!

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                                I don't think they are coming back down. I think the car industry may see a shift to direct ordering and fewer dealers.

A friend of mine who was in the business for a long time says the exact same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X