Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will truck prices go down or is this the new normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices won’t come down until interest rates go up. Which is likely never.

Comment

No - prices don’t go down when the market proves that they will pay the current prices

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
        No - prices don’t go down when the market proves that they will pay the current prices
        Then I'll never buy a new truck. I refuse to pay sticker for a truck.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          Then I'll never buy a new truck. I refuse to pay sticker for a truck.

You don’t have to pay sticker to get ripped off right now. The same GMC 2500 Denali pickup that I ordered and purchased in 2017 is now $25,000 more than I paid 4yrs ago. I am completely with you as I won’t buy a new vehicle again, they have just gotten out of reality for me.

Comment

People have gotten way too accustomed to their luxury vehicles.

Comment

My NEWEST vehicle is 10 years old.

Comment

Picked up my 2022 F350 today that I ordered back in June. It’s basically the same truck I had which was a 2012 F350. Both Lariat ultimate, FX4, CC LB. my 2012 MSRP was $64k. The new one was $74k. So in 10 years it went up $10k. This new one has sooo many more features, it’s actually incredible the technology they have in these trucks. If you calculate the percentage off MSRP I got back in 2012 and then look at what I got off MSPR (x plan) and the additional money I got selling the 2012 in this crazy market it came out the same. Also if you look at the percentage the price went up in 10 years vs the normal cost of living raise I assume most people get your better off now than before. Everyone has complained about the price of things forever. But they don’t stop to think how much more people make now. Sure back in 1970 you could buy a house way way cheaper than what a new pickup cost but you also made way way less at your job too. It’s all relative.

Comment

I haven't bought a running vehicle in 25 years. I try to buy a decent body, AC and cruise, with a popped engine. Change out or build an engine, go through the brakes, and fix all the little issues on the ride. Drive it for a year or two, sell it for a profit, repeat. It never ceases to amaze me that people can't afford 2 grand to replace an engine in a vehicle, but they can drop 40K or more on a new one. It helps that I can do the work myself, and have 2 friends that own salvage yards. But I still don't understand the mindset of it's broke, just replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                    2022's are already out. I am seeing in a lot of cases the 2021's are priced higher than the 22's that are being ordered. I was told Ford is giving preferential chip treatment to customers who order and dealer spec trucks are being pushed aside.

My wife went down to Bill Fick yesterday to look into ordering mine. They are charging MSRP over there and with my budget I doubt momma bear is gonna let me get that Tremor package. [emoji17]

I ordered my 2022 F250 from Jeremy at Bill Flick and got around 4k off a 80k truck. They offered me 57k on my 2017 f250 with 57k miles on it so i couldn’t pass up getting into a 2022 for 19k before taxes.

I’m doing an in and out so I’ll be around 22k out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                      People have gotten way too accustomed to their luxury vehicles.
                      Yep. Give me a truck with a manual transmission and hand crank windows and I’ll be happy. Only feature I “need” is an FM radio, but those days are gone. I bought an XLT F250 in ‘19 before all this mess started and it’s got too much technology for a base XLT.

Comment

From what I was reading last night, I lean more towards hyper inflation than staying level or coming down. Look for higher taxation as well. The taxation is necessary just to keep the social security and medicare systems viable and to pay for the rest of government spending.

Comment

Do y'all remember how cheap trucks were March/April 2020? They'll come down.

Comment

Dropping 40k or financing for 10 years…American way!

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
                            I haven't bought a running vehicle in 25 years. I try to buy a decent body, AC and cruise, with a popped engine. Change out or build an engine, go through the brakes, and fix all the little issues on the ride. Drive it for a year or two, sell it for a profit, repeat. It never ceases to amaze me that people can't afford 2 grand to replace an engine in a vehicle, but they can drop 40K or more on a new one. It helps that I can do the work myself, and have 2 friends that own salvage yards. But I still don't understand the mindset of it's broke, just replace it.

Comment

Only when the next downturn comes. Soon if things keep going the way there going.

Comment

I could sell my 2019 High Country with 18K miles now for about what I paid for it but it would cost me almost double that to replace it with a new one of the same model and features. I'm screwed I guess but at least I don't have truck payments

Comment

Working...
                                X