Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH PSA: Get your dang colonscopies done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one a couple years ago. They said don't come back for 10 years. I'll go again when it's time.

Comment

You are lucky Shane...I have to go every three years. Hoping to move to 5yrs after the next one. Ugh.

Comment

Atta boy Jason!! Great news and praise the Lord for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          The recommended age is now 45... Don't put it off because you are worried about the procedure or the pep. I got mine done at 51 after my colon perforation and it was a piece of cake. They have made big strides in the liquid you take to start the process and you are waking back up after its done before you know it. I put it off and put it off because I didn't want to deal with the prep. Plus the sleep during the procedure is the best nap you will have had in a long time..

Fortunately I was lucky in that I only had a few precancerous polyps. Several of my family and friends haven't been that lucky recently. Because of this I am asking you all to get it done! Early detection is the key and we aren't getting any younger.
          Done last week! My mom is a colon cancer (survivor), so I was "lucky" enough to get one every year starting at 40 years old. All clear (sister and pops had polyps so they stayed on more frequent cycle than me), so I returned to every 5 years at 45 years old.
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Great news on mine today … Just two small polyps in my colonoscopy . He said I could see him again in 5 years but I told him I’d see him in 3..
            Here’s something else that occurred to me…for the next three years, your @ss will never be as clean as it is this very moment.

Mind. Blown.

Comment

Yes please! Getem done

Comment

Working...
              X