Weird question about scent and showering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
    Most of the crap hunters buy is for “feel good” anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nuh uhh. My black rack simulates two buck fightin' cuz it has two antlers on each side...it's science, it works! [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
      Nuh uhh. My black rack simulates two buck fightin' cuz it has two antlers on each side...it's science, it works! [emoji57]

Who Let you out the PACE forum? Didn’t realize you actually killed stuff. It’s probably stupid but I’d rather deer think I’m 200 yards away than 20 that’s what’s got me by the short n curlies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
        Who Let you out the PACE forum? Didn’t realize you actually killed stuff. It’s probably stupid but I’d rather deer think I’m 200 yards away than 20 that’s what’s got me by the short n curlies.
        Lol. I get around
        If I had my druthers it'd be that the deer didn't know I exhist at all but that ain't happenin'

Comment

You’re right, but you gotta do what you can to kill these swamp donkeys down here. Dumb or not, every edge is worth a try

Comment

You’re right, but you gotta do what you can to kill these swamp donkeys down here. Dumb or not, every edge is worth a try
            I ain't arguing. I scent free shower, wash clothes in scent free detergent, spray down with enough scent-away I'm probably going to end up with some kinda cancer from it. Does it work, don't know, but I do it anyway. Any edge is better than none and it doesn't hurt nothing. I've had deer dead downwind never scent me and other times they ran like the wind when I thought there was no way they could've winded me.
            The deer in my avatar came in to a set where I had spent the afternoon clearing some extra shooting lanes. I killed him down wind 4 hrs later in one of those lanes at 20 yds. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
              I ain't arguing. I scent free shower, wash clothes in scent free detergent, spray down with enough scent-away I'm probably going to end up with some kinda cancer from it. Does it work, don't know, but I do it anyway. Any edge is better than none and it doesn't hurt nothing. I've had deer dead downwind never scent me and other times they ran like the wind when I thought there was no way they could've winded me.
              The deer in my avatar came in to a set where I had spent the afternoon clearing some extra shooting lanes. I killed him down wind 4 hrs later in one of those lanes at 20 yds. Go figure.

Absolute monster! It’s all apart of the chase I guess. We think we know but no one knows a dam thing lol! Good luck this year

Comment

Absolute monster! It’s all apart of the chase I guess. We think we know but no one knows a dam thing lol! Good luck this year
                Same to you sir!

Comment

I shower with scentless soap before every hunt and keep clothes in a tub when not in use. It seems to help IMO or at least decrease frequency of getting busted down wind

Comment

I’ve used scent killer for years and can vouch for its usefulness. I’ve got some that I wash our clothes in and occasionally will shower before I go out. Last year I sprayed me and my son down with it before putting our overalls on. Our overalls were sprayed the night before and placed in a bag. We had bucks and does walk right by us in the pop up. I’m talking six feet away. Now that was way too close for me. It’s hard to breath with a whitetail that close to you. But yes, I’m my opinion it’s worth the effort.
                    There is literally hundreds of years of experience , if not a thousand, bow hunting here. I’ve killed my first deer with a bow in 1979 at thirty yards. My closest shot ever was three yards. Back then I used skunk scent!

Comment

If you hunt a ground blind use ozone or the new kind that is not supposed to be harmful. I was always skeptical but after using one the last two years it works. I still do everything to be as scent free as possible. I am going to have one to put with each hunter in our bow blinds at the ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If the wind is right, it doesn't matter what you do to eliminate your scent. If the wind is wrong, it still doesn't matter. You will get busted.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                          I’ve killed a ton of deer with a bow after work. Your never going outsmart a deers nose. Some products help but most of the stuff out there is to fool hunters not so much deer.$$$

So true! A deer’s nose has 30% more receptors than a bloodhound (I looked it up while in the stand a couple years ago). A bloodhound can track you across pavement the day after you walked on it. There’s nothing you can do to cover your scent. Hunt the wind. Party on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys,Fauci just told me that if u wear 2 masks,and stick ur head ur ur keister ,that u will b more scent free than most.

Comment

Working...
                            X