Weird question about scent and showering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lmao

Yeah. After sweating your *** off in a blind for a couple hours you’re still super scent free

I shower if I can. If not I go hunt. I consistently kill stuff. Yes I use scent free wash for clothes so I don’t smell like tide. I use scent away max spray. Probably more of a feel hood than anything. I’ve killed a lot of deer without hunting gear on. Play the wind. Kill stuff. Repeat.

Comment

I shower with scent free soap, use scent free deodorant, wash my gear (scent lock) in scent free detergent, store it in a scent free bag with the ozone thing. Get dressed in the woods after spraying down with DDW and still get winded no less than when I didn’t do all this it seems like.

Comment

I've used a ton of scent eliminating products and cover scents etc. I've never felt like any of it did any good. If deer go down wind no matter what I've done they know something is up. If not then I'm good. yet I keep using it. maybe the problem is all of those burritos I eat before going hunting.

Comment

Try to find out were your deer are bedding and hunt the wind.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 97 step, scent free process before every hunt.
            And a scent free shower is part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Try to find out were your deer are bedding and hunt the wind.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
              You sound like an experienced successful hunter. No gimmicks needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
                So what about drinking beer? Is that wasting my time when I do?
                Depends if you are taking a selfie while drinking the beer.

Comment

I shower before every hunt, morning and evening but I never hunt a bad wind. If a dog can find drugs wrapped in plastic, stuffed in a suitcase and buried in the trunk of a car, what makes you think a deer can’t smell a 200 lb man that has ridden in a truck, pumped gas, eaten fries and a burger, sprayed himself with five squirts of “dead down wind” and then parks himself 20 yards from his feeder with the windows open?

Comment

Hunt the wind…period

Comment

I don’t hunt a bad wind either but winds swirl especially in the close quarters of bowhunting. So I do what I do thinking It may help. (May not but I have it so why not?) We don’t use feeders here either..If I’m locked in on a certain buck I will do what I can not to alert him I’m there.
                      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 09-17-2021, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Sooooo are the days of dripping doe p!ss on the back of your boots and tracking In over with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                          Sooooo are the days of dripping doe p!ss on the back of your boots and tracking In over with?

My boots should be permeated with it by now. It's still my method.
                          But I shower too!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post

Naw. That’s part of the ritual too.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                                I shower before every hunt, morning and evening but I never hunt a bad wind. If a dog can find drugs wrapped in plastic, stuffed in a suitcase and buried in the trunk of a car, what makes you think a deer can’t smell a 200 lb man that has ridden in a truck, pumped gas, eaten fries and a burger, sprayed himself with five squirts of “dead down wind” and then parks himself 20 yards from his feeder with the windows open?

The same dog will find you after you have had 2 showers in super duper scent free magic wash and kept your scent loc clothes in a nuclear powered ozone generating box.

This has been tested over and over……none of it makes any statistical change in the amount a time it takes a dog to find you.

Hunt how you want is what I say. Most of the crap hunters buy is for “feel good” anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X