Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Any acorns in East TX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw quiet a few acorns falling on our club in Angelina County this weekend.

Comment

I didn't see any on our place in Northern Houston County yesterday.

Comment

I have a lot of acorns on my place in SW Rusk county both white and red oaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          Same, no white oak acorns in 3 years. It's really tickin me off. No, they don't rotate. Typically the years that they don't make something happens to them in the spring when they are flowered up like a late frost. Thing is, the last two springs the flowers were plentiful and we didn't have a frost so I attribute it to the two hurricanes and the hard freeze put too much stress on them. The live oaks and water oaks are making plenty but the white oaks have been turned off for 3 years
          Sounds like us to a Tee

Comment

I’ve really made point of watching for acorns here at my house and all around Houston and I’m seen almost nothing. Maybe a few here or there but nothing worth thinking about.

It had to be the freeze that killed them all off before they even had a chance to start growing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I found a few trees producing some in Sam Houston today. Far and few in between. Lot of the normal producers in TV he past were not this year.

Comment

just noticed this morning our back deck is loaded with them. Thought about blowing them off but think i may sweep them in a bucket.

Comment

Working...
                X