Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Any acorns in East TX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very, very few at either my lease or our farm.

It's great for getting deer to come to feeders, but it's also great for getting hogs to come to feeders as well.

As was said though it seems like they produce more in drier years, which of course is not good, so the fact that they're not producing isn't all bad.

Comment

No post oak acorns on my place. Pin oaks have quite a few, but not every tree.

Comment

It certainly is not necessarily bad if there aren’t any acorns but I think they are really good for the deer and all I have to do is figure out which trees or really dropping and there’s a pretty good chance I’ll see deer there. If they don’t have acorns they will more likely come to feeders but they also may only come at night.

I guess I’ll keep searching but I have found nothing so far. It’s good to know that others near by are seeing the same.

Comment

My white oaks are loaded

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw one white oak that had been dropping today. Only one I've seen dropping so far but I haven't scouted much

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              My white oaks are loaded

Dangit! Where is this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven’t seen any on my place here in Robertson county. In fact, some of my trees haven’t produced any in the last 3 or 4 years, maybe longer. Can’t really remember when the last time I had akerns in my yard.
                Just got back from Panola county but really didn’t look at our trees there. Need to look with the binoculars next time I’m there. Trees are so tall that’s the only way to find out unless I find some on the ground already, but still a little early for any of them to start dropping.

Comment

Red Oaks are full, not sureabout the White Oaks

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    Red Oaks are full, not sureabout the White Oaks

It’s pretty obvious this is just hit and miss with no real reason.

Comment

Its been a couple of years without acorns in SNF where I hunt. Was up there labor day and didn't see any.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        I've seen pretty much none on my place in Liberty County... Not sure about the south end of the county, but out on the Prairie, I don't have squat for acorns... Deer, hogs n squirrels are hitting the corn hard right now...

My lease in N liberty has some. Not many but some white oak acorns. Was out there a few days ago. Deer are hardly touching the corn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                          It’s pretty obvious this is just hit and miss with no real reason.

The freeze in Feb might be the reason. A late frost or freeze will affect acorn production

Comment

I have not seen a single acorn on my 40ac place in Halls ville or our 3000ac place in Red River County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tromped around Alabama creek WMA a couple of days last week and couldn't find any acorns either. I found hickory nuts, maybe and some Texas ash berries, maybe. Not too sure what they will be eating this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                                Dangit! Where is this?

Trinity

Comment

Working...
                                X