Favorite production hunting knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
    I have carried a knife like this all over the us and into Canada. Has been my go for at least 15 years...maybe a few more . My absolute favorite. Would love to have it duplicated out of quality materials. Very heavy blade. At least 3/16 thick. I have never had a better knife for splitting a ribcage.

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk
    That thing was designed to field dress a T-Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      That thing was designed to field dress a T-Rex.
      The pic makes it look bigger than it really is. If I sharpen it decent once a year I can hit it a few times on a Smith's pull through and have it ready to shave in a hurry. Just works for me. Would love to have that design but worked up with quality steel and some nice Micarta or G10.

Comment

My go to knife.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
          What's your favorite hunting knife that fits these criteria:

1.) Production, not custom.

2.) Fixed blade, not folding.

3.) Regular blade, not replaceable.

Maybe spreading out the criteria will help some folks.[emoji12][emoji23]

Comment

Benchmade hidden canyon is a good one.

Comment

Buck 119 for a big ol hunting knife, Case Mini Finn for cleaning ducks

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Maybe spreading out the criteria will help some folks.[emoji12][emoji23]
                There's a reason they call you "Smart" lol.

My personal journey went from regular Buck or OT stockman patterns, to a Buck 110 and a cheapo rubber handled Buck folder. Those two folders got me through alot of years. I started making knives in 2008, and have used knife #1, #5, #50 alot since then, as well as a forged knife in the #400 range. 1,5, and 50 all have design challenges. 1 and 5, the handle's too short. 50's a good one, but the handle scales are a little thin. It started with mesquite but ended up with G10 after the kids left it in the yard for a few months. The forged one is a long story, but it's a good knife.

Full disclosure, I'm working on a project (long term) to have some of my "utility hunter" designs manufactured, and I'm trying to figure out what factors are the most important. Figured you folks are a good sample of the legit hunting knife user market

Comment

Cold Steel Master hunter.. Old Pumas. and Old Eye brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    I have carried a knife like this all over the us and into Canada. Has been my go for at least 15 years...maybe a few more . My absolute favorite. Would love to have it duplicated out of quality materials. Very heavy blade. At least 3/16 thick. I have never had a better knife for splitting a ribcage.

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk
                    Finally found this knife on that website and it’s a dang custom that already sold.

Comment

Case Sod buster here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same one. I think I paid $8 for it. I like it so much I have given at least 10 of them away as gifts.

Cheap. Lightweight. Durable. Sharp.

There are definitely better knives out there, but not for anywhere near $8.

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                        The Morakniv has a carbon blade so it’s easy to lap an edge on her in the field. It’s not a forged blade but it has a good edge with a bevel that will easily slice through a pig’s sternum.
                        The blade shape and length allows the user to perform just about any cutting chore that needs doing.
                        The handle is easy to grip and is comfortable in the hand at any angle.
                        It is light and doesn’t wear out the hand.
                        It’s a good knife at a very reasonable price.
                        It just works and works well.

You might think that you're redneck
                        But I'm rednecker than you

Comment

Going to see how the silver stag does against the benchmade this season
                          Attached Files

Comment

I just ordered a Case 379 and going to try it out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
                              Going to see how the silver stag does against the benchmade this season

Both solid designs. I’m going to venture a guess that the Benchmade holds a better edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A old Western is hard to beat. I've rehandled a few.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X