No announcement yet.

Deer lease pranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a problem with trespassers and a guy on our lease was really upset about it. So the weekend before work weekend I set his deer stand up like somebody was living in it. I even had a dog house and water and feed bowls beside it with an old stove and sleeping bag inside. He was so mad lol ! He was on his phone calling the sheriff when I stopped him. He was pretty ****** lol !

Comment

Years ago, I pulled a prank on one of my buddies at the lease. As payback, while I had my hunting jeep in town getting some work done on it and repainted. He called the paint shop and told them to paint it pink. At first they said they wouldn't but he said, he would pay and they could repaint it the right color when the joke was over, so they did it. This was my grandfather's jeep that he bought new in 1960 and I received when he passed away in 1981. I still have it. It was the best prank I've seen...
      Attached Files

Comment

There was a guy on our lease many years back that was always seeing things in the woods and was on guard all the time afraid some one was out there which there wasn't. One night I went out to to relieve my self and I hung a flash light in a tree and turned it on. I came running into the camps front door and said there somebody out there with a flash light. This guy grabbed his shot gun and cracked open the door at first he didn't see as it was kinda hidden, but the the wind blew a bit and it looked just like someone was walking with it. He yells hey you get out of here or I will shoot you. Of course the "intruder" didn't leave so he put three rounds of 12 GA #6's into that flash light and tore it up. We laughed for three days. He didn't see the humor in it at 1st.

Comment

Hey lance, did a family by the last name of Rivers own that ranch where that picture was taken?

For you guys who are to serious for jokes, I also dressed up as bigfoot and walked infront of a few trail cameras and/or stood at the back of feed pens to make people wonder what they where seeing. I also have thrown out a few big shed antlers in certain spots so certain people would find them, it kinda ticked me off though because those people never told me about the big new deer that was roaming the area

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I’m not a violent man, but I’d be whoopin someone’s arse
            That doesn't compute

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Imagine hunting with people that take hunting so serious....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Imagine hunting with people who go out of their way to mess up your hunting and hard work...

If I took off for the lease, and I woke up, snuck in and got set up at my spot. Waited in the dark, and as the sun comes up I can see my target buck coming in. He is making his way closer and closer, and finally into range. I draw, and just as the pin settles on him an alarm clock goes off and he hightails it into the next county never to be seen again, that I would not be laughing. Pranks and jokes are great, but why would you choose/want to mess up someone's hunt? Have all that fun at camp, work weekends, on game cams (my personal fave from what was mentioned above), etc... I know I will be stealing a few of the ones mentioned above for this upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                Years ago, I pulled a prank on one of my buddies at the lease. As payback, while I had my hunting jeep in town getting some work done on it and repainted. He called the paint shop and told them to paint it pink. At first they said they wouldn't but he said, he would pay and they could repaint it the right color when the joke was over, so they did it. This was my grandfather's jeep that he bought new in 1960 and I received when he passed away in 1981. I still have it. It was the best prank I've seen...
                HAHAHA. This is the best one yet. What was your initial reaction? Did you know right away it was him or did you think the shop screwed up?

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                  Imagine hunting with people who go out of their way to mess up your hunting and hard work...

If I took off for the lease, and I woke up, snuck in and got set up at my spot. Waited in the dark, and as the sun comes up I can see my target buck coming in. He is making his way closer and closer, and finally into range. I draw, and just as the pin settles on him an alarm clock goes off and he hightails it into the next county never to be seen again, that I would not be laughing. Pranks and jokes are great, but why would you choose/want to mess up someone's hunt? Have all that fun at camp, work weekends, on game cams (my personal fave from what was mentioned above), etc... I know I will be stealing a few of the ones mentioned above for this upcoming season.

That’s it plain and simple……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
                    HAHAHA. This is the best one yet. What was your initial reaction? Did you know right away it was him or did you think the shop screwed up?
                    Oh, I knew right away it was my buddy. It was hilarious. My wife was scared that I would be really ticked off. I can take a joke, we were all laughing. Now I wish I would have left it pink!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                      Hey lance, did a family by the last name of Rivers own that ranch where that picture was taken?

For you guys who are to serious for jokes, I also dressed up as bigfoot and walked infront of a few trail cameras and/or stood at the back of feed pens to make people wonder what they where seeing. I also have thrown out a few big shed antlers in certain spots so certain people would find them, it kinda ticked me off though because those people never told me about the big new deer that was roaming the area
                      MAP- No this ranch is owned by Bert Gallagher out of Laredo. It's located of Carolina Rd just east of Oilton.

Comment

I hunted with an outfitter in south Texas that had a blind built to about 1/4 scale sitting several hundred yards down a sendero. The guides would take guests that they wanted to mess with and drop them off at the end of the sendero and tell and tell them that was their blind. By the time the hunter got to the blind he would realize that only a toddler could fit inside and the guides would be long gone.

I also had a friend tell me that they used to lease out part of their ranch and the lease hunters would collect live rattlesnakes they had caught in an oil drum that sat outside their cabin. One night her uncles got a little tipsy and drove over to the hunters cabin while they were sleeping and moved the drum full of snakes into the woods and in its place they left an empty drum tipped on its side with the lid laying next to it. When the hunters got up in the morning they were convinced that there were rattlesnakes all over their camp.

Comment

We typically split up to fill feeders (all blinds are community). Well my group killed a pretty sizeable rattlesnake and left its headless body under the tarp with all the corn for the other groups to find.

Comment

Go to a barber shop and load up on hair clippings. Take them out and put them all around your buddies feeder. He won't see fewer for 2 weeks😂

Comment

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
                              Go to a barber shop and load up on hair clippings. Take them out and put them all around your buddies feeder. He won't see fewer for 2 weeks😂
                              I have used that trick to force deer to travel past my blind instead of another trail.

Comment

Working...
                              X