Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great bull, congrats!

Comment

Congrats, great bull. Ready for the story!

Comment

Nice bull, congrats !

Comment

Nice. I've been checking on this thread all day it seems like. Can't wait for the story. What caused your bow to screw up?

Comment

Toad!

Comment

We didn’t get much hunting in last night since the bow blew up. But we got it dialed in a little bit last night after the shop got me back on track. It’s hard to trust it after it blows up on you.

This morning we got up at 4:00am and started hiking to where we’ve been running those elk around. About halfway in we heard a couple of bugles and decided to set up and try to call one in. 5 minutes into that setup my range finder went dead….. if it can go wrong it’ll go wrong at the worst possible time. Those bulls didn’t want to play so we continued on to the hole the herd had been in.

We walked down the bottom of a drainage about a mile where we found a spring coming out of the side of the hill, there were wallows everywhere and torn up trees. We decided to spend the day sitting right there. About an hour and a half after sitting there I hear a distant bugle. Twenty minutes later I hear another bugle but closer. The next bugle is about 10 minutes later and it’s close. Then I see a cow coming, then another, then another. All told there were 15 cows within 30 yards of me for 10 minutes before the bull appeared down in the creek. He was heading my way at a walk. When he was 50 yards out he bugled and shook the trees. It’s incredible how loud they really are that close. He was still closing the distance and the cows were all over me. At this point I was shaking like crazy. I couldn’t get it together. When he got even with the last tree between us I drew, and cows blew out everywhere. The bull ran uphill about 5 jumps and turned to look at me. I guessed 45 and let er rip. I watched it hit him and knew it was a good shot. He only made it 100 yards and I watched him tip over. I couldn’t believe the herd bull was dead, I couldn’t believe I killed him. I was in shock. My legs were jackhammering.

Walking up to the bull was surreal, he looked absolutely huge laying there. There was no shrinkage on him, he still looks huge.

Comment

Awesome Bull! Congrats!!!

Comment

Way to go!!!

Comment

What a bull, major congrats!

Comment

Great bull, congrats.

Comment

Congrats Jake!!

Comment

Man them 4's are incredible! Congratulations of a job well done and spectacular bull.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by drwilliams; 09-08-2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
                            Man them 4's are incredible! Congratulations of a job well done and spectacular bull.

No kidding!!

That one has to be 18"

Comment

Heck of a Bull…Big congrats!!!!!

Looking forward to the story.

Comment

Incredible! Congratulations on a hunting accomplishment of a lifetime!
                                Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Working...
                                X