Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2021 College Football - GAME WEEK!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoGiC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

HBD to Longhorn legend, Mack Brown! Go win another!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        It looks like the Big 12 teams do not have a choice (right now) on expansion right now. If they can't find a home then they have to try and build the best conference they can from a TV money stand point. They are in a tough spot because the TV networks already said they were not looking at huge increases in the next Big 12 contract and that was when in TX and OU were in the conference (one of the main reasons for those schools to jump). One article said that as much as 75% of the TV dollars from the Big 12 were there because of TX and OU, so without them the conference is worth 25% of what it was.

What type of Grant of Rights will these guys be willing to sign to lock them into a Big 12 when the other conferences might look to expand down the road. I doubt schools like OSU, West Virginia, KU are eager to double down on the Big 12 if they have some flirtations with other conferences right now. They will "act" committed right now, but everyone will jump at their first Power 5 offer they get.

When they go to add teams, that will help, but not move any needles for the TV networks. These teams are going to be so far behind in the arms race with the other Power 5 conferences. If you added any of the teams mentioned and the Big 12 Champion goes 12-0 they are probably left out of the playoff (assuming the average year in CFB with you typical teams in the race) and if you can't get into the CFP as an undefeated team, that makes you a non Power 5 type conference.

They’ll have to purge the American and Mountain, essentially becoming the current American in stature. It is their best hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
          Would they not consider SMU? With NIL in place, SMU should get competitive real quick. They're alumni can certainly afford to get some croots.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
          I’m certainly partial to us getting an invite. And as I mentioned in another thread earlier this summer, those talks have been taking place with the AAC and remaining 8 but nobody trusts anyone and they keep falling all over each other. Additionally, as it pertains to my Mustangs, we just do not have the numbers when it comes to alumni, to make us a lucrative choice. Will Sonny make us competitive-absolutely. He may be doing as good a job as anyone in utilizing this new wave of recruiting. However, that doesn’t necessarily convert to eyes on the TV which is where the real money is.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

LoGiC
            LMAO….they’re asking Tiga Fans to be responsible. Responsible to them is not getting their sister pregnant.

Comment

LoGiC

that's more perspective...

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                LMAO….they’re asking Tiga Fans to be responsible. Responsible to them is not getting their sister pregnant.
                And y'all wonder why no one likes Aggie fans. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  And y'all wonder why no one likes Aggie fans. Lol.
                  The irony in your post is that you believe longhorn fans are liked.

Comment

The irony in your post is that you believe longhorn fans are liked.
                    I can assure you that leading up to and after our game with LSU we didn't say anything like that. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      I can assure you that leading up to and after our game with LSU we didn't say anything like that. Lol.
                      You will after having “inbred” spit all over you a few times at Death Valley. It takes a couple showers to get it off.

Comment

You will after having “inbred” spit all over you a few times at Death Valley. It takes a couple showers to get it off.

Why are you making out with inbreds?

Comment

Or were you drooling on yourself please clarify more better maybe use crayons

Comment

The most rich take is Aggies calling anyone trash, when their lord an savior that built the stadium they judge from MR.JFF himself Is a world renowned classless chum bucket of a human, but yes yes do carry on with the holier than thou approach it’s fitting [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              HBD to Longhorn legend, Mack Brown! Go win another!

Mack is one of my favorites.

Comment

Or were you drooling on yourself please clarify more better maybe use crayons
                                It can’t get any clearer than, “having inbred spit all over you”. It comes from the fan’s mouths, full of corndog debris, when they scream “Elleesseeaux” and “Tiga-Bait” or when they’re slobbering the words to “Neck”.

Comment

Working...
                                X