Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, dogs wiped out a bunch of this mans deer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
    When dogs would kill a sheep or mohair, my grandpa would cut the back out and put the meat on a treble hooks and baling wire it on limbs, he caught a few, but as kids he bought everyone a old m1 carbine that old ww2 ball ammo was some good stuff
    Not many dog would get by 3-4 kids with m1’s

That’s super cool. That story makes me miss my grandpa. He was of the same mindset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      So these dogs jumped an 8 ft fence?
      Dug under would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        Here's a little info for those of you that think deer breeders own the deer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pu...ed/ar-BB1abmBh
        Your smarter than that...they aren't all whitetails and the state doesn't own them.

Comment

[quote=M16;15767751]Wrong. They certainly do if any are

Looked like axis to me at first glance maybe whitetail fawns. Either way would have been dead on my place.
          Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 08-21-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            You are obviously ignorant of the law.
            I guess the law is different in your county than mine. I’ve killed a lot of dogs that came on my property. I didn’t give them the opportunity to attack anything, just dropped them.
            Sheriff was called on me and all he said was I have a right to defend my property.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              Why in the world was the SO involved at all? Was there another witness?

Maybe I have watched too much Yellowstone to think how yall handle in Montana. No way SO would be on my property unless he had a warrant.
              Next door neighbors dog

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                Your smarter than that...they aren't all whitetails and the state doesn't own them.
                They look like whitetails to me. If you actually look at the pictures in the linked article you might change your mind.;

It also said he had a breeders permit. He wouldn’t need it for axis.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                  I guess the law is different in your county than mine. I’ve killed a lot of dogs that came on my property. I didn’t give them the opportunity to attack anything, just dropped them.
                  Sheriff was called on me and all he said was I have a right to defend my property.
                  Not arguing with you but I read up on this last year as covid caused a lot of people to dump strays down our road last year.

You can't kill a dog for just being on your place and chasing deer doesn't cut it either.

If they are seen chasing livestock or have been seen doing so the owner of the stock or an agent acting on behalf of the owner can kill the animal.

I'd like to think most sheriffs are level headed and know stray dogs have no business in the country but state law makes killing a dog a felony.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    The law is the same statewide. Enforcement certainly can differ. I don’t agree with the law as was written. Everybody needs to be aware of the defenses to prosecution. Either sss or know to say that the dog was about to attack me or was in the process of killing my livestock.

Comment

Dug under.

Comment

Not a fan of pit bulls or pen deer so…[emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Got my doubts but I'm sure theirs a way under it someplace Hogs/Yotes/Coons/floods/etc all manage to make hole in and under fences..And illegal aliens..

People have had some success with Donkeys and or Llamas..with livestock ...BUT!!!

Comment

About 10 years ago, they put down 26 wild dogs in the Harper area. Shot all of them out of a Helicopter - my Uncle's ranch there was impacted and a few of the dogs were put down on his place.

Comment

I cant be the only one that wants to call BS on this. No blood on the dog or the deer ? I have never seen a bull kill any animal without leaving blood everywhere. This is a strange scenario happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                                I cant be the only one that wants to call BS on this. No blood on the dog or the deer ? I have never seen a bull kill any animal without leaving blood everywhere. This is a strange scenario happening here.
                                I don't see why it so hard for some to believe it. Story say 6 dogs where in the pack.

Picture shows one dog dead that could have been stomped to death by the deer. Also if you look close at the pic, you can see a wet spot around the heart location on the dog. Maybe a 22LR.

A 22 in the ear doesn't leave a very big hole to bleed from anyway, So I've ben told.

All the deer were probably ran to death. Once they died the dogs didn't know what to do with them. Heck, my dogs chase squirrels but on the rare occasion they catch one, they never eat it. They poke at it trying to get it to run again but walk away leaving it lay after they loose interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X