Toyota Tacoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
    The Taliban use Toyota trucks exclusively. I refuse to support terrorism.
    I heard some of them wear underwear also...

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      Thanks for the info. Been wanting something that gets a lot better fuel mileage than I have been dealing with. I have not had anything in years that gets good fuel mileage, I miss those days.
      Get you a Silverado 3.0 Duramax or Ram Ecodiesel

Comment

I am curious, how does the 4 cylinder do power wise?

Thanks for any info.
        Terrible, don't go there the 4 cylinder tacomas feel practically the same as the 4 cylinder rangers.
        Last edited by SC-001; 08-19-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          If your worried about fuel mileage the 1/2 ton diesels every brand makes is for that niche, 26-33 mpg
          If the manufactures would have been making the diesel half ton trucks and engines for the last 20 to 25 years. I would have a lot more confidence in them. I know for a fact Ford talked about a V6 Power Stroke diesel for the F150s and Expeditions back in 1999. They were telling us back then that they were about to release it. It got delayed, and delayed, and delayed, then delayed again. As late at 2008, they were still talking about it. Somewhere between 2002 and 2008, I heard the reason they had not released the V6 Power Stroke, and had at least temporarily shelved the idea, was they could not get the engine to idle. That info from 1999 to 2008 was coming from our field engineer. When it took them that long to finally get them to run correctly and knowing the amount of problems they had with the many V8 diesel engines and how expensive they are. I will wait many years before I go buying a half ton diesel.

I have heard they are great on fuel mileage, but I don't need a truck that spends a lot of time or really any time in the shop because it has engine or transmission problems. Which the diesel engines have caused all types of transmission and convertor issues, over the years. The diesel engines are probably the biggest reason for transmissions being much better, stronger now days, than they were in the 90s and early 2000s. Those diesels are hard on transmissions and convertors.

The only thing I have heard about the half ton diesels, is they get great fuel mileage. If the manufacturers had long ago worked the bugs out of the engines, transmissions and convertors in those trucks. Yes, I would possibly consider one, but with the cost of a gasoline half ton now days, I don't really want to know what a diesel half ton costs currently.

If they would have just got someone like Mercedes to build them a turbo V6 diesel and transmission years ago. I am sure most of the half ton trucks now days would have a diesel in them.

Comment

Why, the chevy 3.0 has been very dependable, the gen 2 eco-diesel has too, I know nothing about the little powestrok. If your worried there are aftermarket tunes that will make these new diesels run forever, they won't pass emission in california though , look into it.

Comment

Yall should post pics of these rigs! I love a good Tacoma thread. I still want one for some reason, just to have as a side rig.

They will handle anything you're smart enough to load on them. I miss my old beast. I'll get another one, liking that NBS. Some pics for the hell of it.

Don't worry about fuel mileage, as long as it looks like you want it to and will work, that's how I see it. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210819_104033.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	24658613Click image for larger version

Name:	20210819_104107.jpg
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	24658614Click image for larger version

Name:	20210819_104422.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	24658615Click image for larger version

Name:	20210819_104155.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	24658616

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are a few pics of mine, I only have one from after the front bumper install.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ZachW View Post
                  Here are a few pics of mine, I only have one from after the front bumper install.
                  Bad rig bro. Love the bull nose bumper.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a Tundra.

Comment

I am curious, how does the 4 cylinder do power wise? Not talking about towing, just accelerating up to speed and maintaining speed on the freeway? We just got my wife and daughter new RAV4s, those little 4 cylinders run great, I don't even know what size the engine is. Nor do I know what 4 cylinder engines they put in the Tacomas.

What I don't want, is a truck like a old 2.3 liter Rangers. Every time I had to test drive drove one of those. I had the throttle on the floor most of the time, about the only time the pedal was not pinned to the floor, was when I was on the brakes. Those things were horribly gutless.

I just want to have some idea, on how well a given vehicle will accelerate before wasting my time trying to find one to test drive.

I have been looking at add for both V6 and the 4 cylinder Tacomas. Then looking up the factory listed fuel mileage. The 4 cylinders are listed as having higher fuel mileage. But how do they accelerate and how well to they maintain speed on the highway when you get into some hilly areas, or even slightly hilly areas?

Thanks for any info.
                      It’s a 2.7. I prefer driving it around town, and on my 30 min commute on freeway with mild traffic, I use the radar cruise and like it quite a bit. On a longer hwy trip when you want to do 80 or more, it’s lacking in power. But my other truck is 6.7 power stoke.

Comment

Working...
                      X