Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Toyota Tacoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
    The Taliban use Toyota trucks exclusively. I refuse to support terrorism.

That would be due to their reliability and that they are d*** solid vehicles, I guarantee you Toyota doesn’t give them to them. They are bought or taken from someone who bought them just like those rifles they are are packing around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i have a 15 4.0, it tows just fine , get a towing package

Comment

So while on the subject of Toyota Tacomas. What do they get for fuel mileage? Really want one of the newer ones, but some guy I talked to a couple months ago, told me his only gets 17 mpg. After that conversation, I have looked a some older Tacomas but don't really know what they get for fuel mileage either. Most of my driving is on a highway, very little in town driving.

I could care less how much they will tow, I have a one ton for towing. I want a smaller truck to get around in 90% of the time. I really want something that will get around 25 mpg. I know years ago the Toyota and Nissan trucks used to get pretty good fuel mileage, so did Rangers and S10s. But fuel mileage seems to be something that is not important with small trucks anymore. From what I have seen listed for fuel mileage of the trucks I have looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
          So while on the subject of Toyota Tacomas. What do they get for fuel mileage? Really want one of the newer ones, but some guy I talked to a couple months ago, told me his only gets 17 mpg. After that conversation, I have looked a some older Tacomas but don't really know what they get for fuel mileage either. Most of my driving is on a highway, very little in town driving.

I could care less how much they will tow, I have a one ton for towing. I want a smaller truck to get around in 90% of the time. I really want something that will get around 25 mpg. I know years ago the Toyota and Nissan trucks used to get pretty good fuel mileage, so did Rangers and S10s. But fuel mileage seems to be something that is not important with small trucks anymore. From what I have seen listed for fuel mileage of the trucks I have looked at.
          It really depends on what you do to it, I started out getting 25mpg stock but after a lift, tires, winch bumper, ARE cap and cold air intake around town I usually get 17-18mpg but on the highway I get 19-20mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
            The only problem I had withe two Tacoma's I have owned was with them squatting real bad. They don't have diddly for payload so you really need to beef up the backend if you are going to be hauling much. Mine would bottom out on any bumps with not a lot of weight in the bed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
            I added the Roadmaster Active Suspension to my Tacoma and it works great I have it set at the stiffer setting and I have minimal squat when I load up my tractor, before I put it on I bottomed out all the time.
            Attached Files

Comment

Don’t buy one for the mileage. Even the 2wd 4 cylinder is only rated at 23 mpg highway - not great. I drive one (6 cylinder 4wd) because I like the size of it (manueverability, parking)and don’t need anything bigger. 99% of the time it’s just me in it and I don’t tow anything larger than a 5x10 utility trailer

Comment

Originally posted by ZachW View Post
                It really depends on what you do to it, I started out getting 25mpg stock but after a lift, tires, winch bumper, ARE cap and cold air intake around town I usually get 17-18mpg but on the highway I get 19-20mpg.
                So what year model is that, what engine, then which body, 2wd or 4wd?

I would be fine with a stock truck. 4wd would be better, but I could make do with a 2wd. Most of the time, it would be just for getting around. I would like to use it for long distance hunting trips, probably most of those trips I would not need 4wd.

Comment

I had one 4.0 4x4, it would pull my bass boat but really it was under powered for that and I had the towing package. The scary part was the braking while towing, Tacoma brakes suck, other than that they're a great dependable truck, oh and the fuel mileage was not good before towing, while towing it would DRINK.
                  Last edited by bossbowman; 08-18-2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

If your worried about fuel mileage the 1/2 ton diesels every brand makes is for that niche, 26-33 mpg

Comment

I’ve got a 1 ton for towing my boat. I have a 2021 Tacoma access cab with no rear seat, 4x4 4cyl that gets 25mpg. If you go over 70mph mileage starts to drop.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!!

Comment

So what year model is that, what engine, then which body, 2wd or 4wd?

I would be fine with a stock truck. 4wd would be better, but I could make do with a 2wd. Most of the time, it would be just for getting around. I would like to use it for long distance hunting trips, probably most of those trips I would not need 4wd.
                          Mine is a 2017 Tacoma SR5 2wd, with the 3.5L V6 with the towing package, 5ft bed.

Comment

2018 Taco, tow package, 4x4. 20.2 going to Lufkin loaded, 20.8 coming home. Running 70-75 most of the way.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Been wanting something that gets a lot better fuel mileage than I have been dealing with. I have not had anything in years that gets good fuel mileage, I miss those days.

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
                                I’ve got a 1 ton for towing my boat. I have a 2021 Tacoma access cab with no rear seat, 4x4 4cyl that gets 25mpg. If you go over 70mph mileage starts to drop.
                                I am curious, how does the 4 cylinder do power wise? Not talking about towing, just accelerating up to speed and maintaining speed on the freeway? We just got my wife and daughter new RAV4s, those little 4 cylinders run great, I don't even know what size the engine is. Nor do I know what 4 cylinder engines they put in the Tacomas.

What I don't want, is a truck like a old 2.3 liter Rangers. Every time I had to test drive drove one of those. I had the throttle on the floor most of the time, about the only time the pedal was not pinned to the floor, was when I was on the brakes. Those things were horribly gutless.

I just want to have some idea, on how well a given vehicle will accelerate before wasting my time trying to find one to test drive.

I have been looking at add for both V6 and the 4 cylinder Tacomas. Then looking up the factory listed fuel mileage. The 4 cylinders are listed as having higher fuel mileage. But how do they accelerate and how well to they maintain speed on the highway when you get into some hilly areas, or even slightly hilly areas?

Thanks for any info.

Comment

Working...
                                X