Originally posted by Crabtrap View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh my nubby

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

That is funny

Comment

Tim,

I am game to take a PINS trip. I need to get my gear together. In my younger days, I shot Coyotes in the dunes and crabs on the beach. Was good for the soul... at the time.

I have a kayak and maybe we can get a trip together sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          Tim,

I am game to take a PINS trip. I need to get my gear together. In my younger days, I shot Coyotes in the dunes and crabs on the beach. Was good for the soul... at the time.

I have a kayak and maybe we can get a trip together sometime.
          Sounds good. Maybe Rob can tag along also.
          I'm waiting for Pauls college classes to start to see if he can miss a Monday/Tuesday one week in mid Sept.

We may be hitting the north jetty instead of the beach. My new ride doesn't have enough miles on it yet to start rusting

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            This thread get you fired up Rob? LOL

I'm just glad my son wants to get into this. I was into it from 1988 to around 1996. But everything I did was just me learning to fish salt by myself off the North Jetty in Port A. I had zero clue what I was doing and every time I got spooled I saved money out of my $3.20/hr job to buy a bigger reel.

Paul (my son) doesn't want to spend a lot. He just wants to try and utilize what I'm giving him, hence this thread. And he does have a Kayak. He also has enough leader material to make 8-10 good shark leaders including 20/0 circle hooks.

And I told him (probably 5 times ) that he will need to double thumb the heck out of that 309 and 4 wide as soon as he hooks up. He will learn. I plan to try and go fish with him a couple times.

He just may become a beach bum if I don't keep him in line. Aerospace engineer college classes...Who needs that crap? LOL
            That 4 wide will catch you some good fish without thumbs, not a blacktip alive it won't bring in. I caught a 4 footer on a dang Abu 6500. The only time we ever fished Sharkathon my wife won women's with a 6'1" bull on a 4 wide and didn't take but 5 minutes to bring him in. Don't poopoo the 4 wide!

Comment

Working...
            X