No announcement yet.

Double Dave’s pizza rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we lived in Circle C Ranch there in Austin, there was a Double Dave's at the Y.
    I often wanted to go there to eat and my wife would just roll here eyes! LOL
    Hard to pass up a pizza buffet!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Back in my days at A&M working at the soil lab there were 4 or 5 of us broke college kids. We would scrape enough money together to buy one buffet and send one of us to Double Daves with soil sample bags. The elected person would load soil sample bags with pizza rolls, stuff them in their coat, and bring them back to the lab.

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
        I don’t even remember the beer challenge. I am pretty sure I was challenged every time I left on Wednesday nights. Then we would stumble over to Ables. That was back around 88-89

It was 110 beers (I think) from all over the world and if you drank them all you got your name on the wall. I started it a couple of times but only made it a few beers in before I lost the card they use to keep track. Usually it was a red stripe then a mamba before I’d loose interest and or run out of money.

I think riverside was buffet from 9-12 and all draft beer you wanted for $10 or $8 if you were a girl. On Wednesday

We definitely crossed paths. I lived at 22nd and rio grande and 15th and rio grand during that era.

Cain and Ables…. Find the right bartender and drinks were half price to free depending on tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          I've eaten more than my share of DD pep'roni rolls. So good. It's a staple for Saturday night after Bownanza.

Blanco River Pizza Company in Blanco has some mighty fine pepperoni rolls if you're ever near there.
          So that’s where those came from. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            If that’s the case then why did you hide them in a Tupperware bowl in your backpack? Why didn’t you just tell them to load up a couple pizza boxes full of them to take home??? I bet they would have said “sure” and fixed you right up!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            You should probably arrest the guy.

Comment

Lived off those when I was in the dorms at Tech.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5BE6AAE6-21A6-445C-BB73-C6F3BD8D583C.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	24661196 thanks for the inspiration y’all

Comment

Ables

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                  It was 110 beers (I think) from all over the world and if you drank them all you got your name on the wall. I started it a couple of times but only made it a few beers in before I lost the card they use to keep track. Usually it was a red stripe then a mamba before I’d loose interest and or run out of money.

I think riverside was buffet from 9-12 and all draft beer you wanted for $10 or $8 if you were a girl. On Wednesday

We definitely crossed paths. I lived at 22nd and rio grande and 15th and rio grand during that era.

Cain and Ables…. Find the right bartender and drinks were half price to free depending on tip.
                  We were the idiots in cowboy hats and boots-mostly a bunch of Sig Eps
                  Last edited by dosrobles; 08-29-2021, 03:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    I'm not familiar with Double Daves Pizza rolls, but if you like stromboli you need to try the one from Joe's Pasta & Pizza in Keller. It's unlike any I've ever had, it's HUGE, and it will knock out hangovers and induce naps unlike anything I've ever seen.
                    Im a regular at the Joe's by my house. I usually opt for the calzone instead of stromboli, but the healing effects are identical

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      Sundance Apartments...411 Harvey Dr. DoubleDaves was a staple for us back then. That, and a wing place on Texas Ave that’s now closed. 10 cent wings on Wednesday!!! I should have stayed in college longer instead of deciding I wanted to be an adult![emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Its not the same. Place is filled with annoying kids now

Comment

As long as I could scrape up enough money for the Double Dave’s buffet and Freddy’s Platter’s at The Chicken, I felt like I had it made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[Originally Posted by W E H View Post

QUOTE=dosrobles;15783344]We were the idiots in cowboy hats and boots-mostly a bunch of Sig Eps[/QUOTE]

Phi Kappa Sigma. Graduated in 1991. Never lived in the house we shared the parking lot with y’all but we definitely drank beer together there. I lived in the old one where Home On The Range was written.

The Frat Boy outfit from mid 1980’s to Early 1990’s
                          Redwing Ropers
                          Levi’s
                          And whatever party/event t-shirt was the cleanest.

Hook’Em

WEH

Comment

Flippen’ absolutely!! My son is a Phi Kap at TCU. They have a great bunch. Are you in Austin? We need to go hit up Ables for a beer or Dirty’s.

HOOK ‘EM!

Comment

We still try to hit Cain and Abel’s before heading to our tailgate on Gameday. I love that place.

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                                Flippen’ absolutely!! My son is a Phi Kap at TCU. They have a great bunch. Are you in Austin? We need to go hit up Ables for a beer or Dirty’s.

HOOK ‘EM!
                                I live in Yoakum. I’ve been to Austin 3x in the last 6 months and previously it was maybe once a year. My F250 and it’s driver don’t care for the traffic and the tight spaces any more. I did drive by both houses and Ables when I was up there. Brought back great memories.
                                I’d probably have to park at the stadium and walk to Ables. LOL

Where are you located?

Comment

Working...
                                X