Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Fall Camps Open!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
    To be honest, when the NIL stone was turned, it was never going to be like it was again. It's easy to blame companies, conferences and even individual schools but, truth be told, the NIL is what doomed 2nd tier schools. It guaranteed there would be a chasm. I absolutely do not like the super conference. I love the old rivalries and the upsets. That all made CFB unique. But there is no going back and I have to say I have no idea what the right path forward is. Anybody who says they do, is fooling themselves.
    Completely agree, it's been about money for a long time but now it's going to be about channeling money to the players and that will completely change the landscape.

Comment

2021 College Football - Fall Camps Open!

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
      She is a TCU GRAD. Butt hurt much

It was still funny!

Sent from my iPhone using
      Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 08-03-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
        Easy there! I know who she is and there Is definitely no butt hurt here. If you don’t think her dialogue was funny you must be miserable. Chill out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        SHE...is butthurt...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          SHE...is butthurt...

Got it. I’ll edit.

Comment

Easy there! I know who she is and there Is definitely no butt hurt here. If you don’t think her dialogue was funny you must be miserable. Chill out.
            I absolutely would prefer to lose to Alabama than TCU. Over and over and over again. My team has sucked and I am ready for them to suck less.

Comment

So how did Myles Brennan hurt his arm? Was it non-football related?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                Bowlsby is trying to save his job. He’s hitting up the pac commish in hopes he can secure a scheduling agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                What else is he supposed to do roll over and die, what would you do in his position? Nothing with come of the PAC and B12 talks unless some of the bigger PAC schools are indeed turning an eye to the Big 10. Out of the 4 power conferences left the PAC is a distant distant 4th and USC/Oregon know it.

Comment

I don't get the idea of B1G and PAC schools converging to become a power, to me that's all internet fodder. There are too many other sports involved, this is not just a football move. Hence the reason the SEC made the most sense when Texas and OU decided to leave the Big 12 behind. Texas explored every avenue, the SEC is the only one that made sense. Geography comes into play.

You can bet, WV is gone if they can find a home for similar reasons.

Comment

Geography doesn't matter if its moving to the NFL triple A league and with NIL it looks like thats the case. This is not going to a 64 team power 4, it will be far fewer and just the blue bloods when all is said and done. OU UT just made moves they will be in that league when it all shakes out.

Comment

An 8 team league? Nah. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

So how did Myles Brennan hurt his arm? Was it non-football related?

No one knows for sure yet. Have heard everything from flip flops to practice, fishing, and skiing.

Comment

With NIL and everything else happening, college sports, the way we have known it for years and years, is over. It's sad but it's all about money, plain and simple. Yes, money has always been involved but not put on the pedestal like this. It's basically a money grab for players and schools. The reasons i loved college sports so much more than pro are quickly fading away. College sports will never be the same, and not in a good way. So much better when school pride and bragging rights were on the line instead of cash.

Comment

Got it. I’ll edit.

And it was still funny!

Comment

There is some smoke when it comes to Kansas and yet again, geographically speaking...it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                                With NIL and everything else happening, college sports, the way we have known it for years and years, is over. It's sad but it's all about money, plain and simple. Yes, money has always been involved but not put on the pedestal like this. It's basically a money grab for players and schools. The reasons i loved college sports so much more than pro are quickly fading away. College sports will never be the same, and not in a good way. So much better when school pride and bragging rights were on the line instead of cash.

Comment

Working...
                                X