Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Digital Hunting Tags for Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received my lifetime hunting renewal and it listed the digital license/tag as an option. I think i will be doing it this year. Seems like a great way to go. Supposed to generate a confirmation number to attach to the animal.

Comment

If it works everywhere, then I'm for it. Would save from having to try find a pen that works to fill them out, carrying something to attach it to the animal with, and there's always the risk of it getting ripped off by wind or something else, then lost.

Comment

Arkansas switched over to it several years ago. I think it’s really convenient. If you’re ready to tag something, you just enter it in the website or app and then put a note with the deer/cooler/whatever with the check number.

Obviously - not everyone checks their deer or follows the rules, but it allows for pretty cool county by county reporting of harvest numbers. I enjoy looking at it.

Comment

The e-tag process in NM is awesome. Hoping TX will go to it sooner than later.

Comment

I like the idea of collecting harvest information for all deer harvested for future management. Right now, the State is completely unaware of the 3 deer I harvested last year since I self processed.
            (Yes, I properly tagged them and completed the harvest log.)

Comment

I have never been a fan of the digital tags.

But every state should require mandatory harvest reporting.

Comment

I think it’s worth a try

Comment

I got a letter in the mail in regards to my lifetime license saying I could get paper tags OR electronic tags. I haven't followed up on it yet.

Comment

Used the New Mexico E Tag and it is very convenient. Would be great to be able to do the same here.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                      I use E-tag in New Mexico. Worked great for Mule Deer and Elk in areas with no service. The app populates a tag and number when you make the kill. Obviously in Texas there would be way more animals being tagged so they would have to make sure the app can handle it.
                      I use NM’s and Oklahoma’s. It wouldnt be much different.

I find it hard to believe that NM and Oklahoma is more technically advanced then TX

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                        I like the idea of collecting harvest information for all deer harvested for future management. Right now, the State is completely unaware of the 3 deer I harvested last year since I self processed.
                        (Yes, I properly tagged them and completed the harvest log.)
                        Texas has a harvest app also.

It’s especially valuable for mule deer and collecting spread age data

Comment

Guess I’m gonna have to stay old school. I’m not savy enough for all this tech stuff. Heck, I can’t even download any apps. When I got this phone, my wife upgraded hers at the same time. So, when I tried to download the PayPal app, it wouldn’t let me because my wife used our email already on her phone and wouldn’t let me use the same email. Even tried a different app and got same results!!!

Comment

I'm planning on using the new e-tag this year. I'll report back on it.

Comment

I used the e-tag in Oklahoma a few years ago for elk and whitetail. It was really smooth and easy. I liked it

Comment

I’m just getting further and further behind. I don’t understand most of this technology so I don’t do it. I don’t own a computer and I still get my bills in the mail and pay with a check.

Comment

Working...
                                X