No announcement yet.

Raise that flag! “Panchos”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn’t even know they still existed until this thread. In my working life I would go to the one in Pasadena. Of course Pasadena area was allot different place in the 80s before it expanded out to the Fairmont area.

Comment

Great Mexican Food,Catering for families, friends and Corporations. Buffet Style Dining,Great fajitas, Enchiladas,Tacos,Tamales,Flautas,Chili Con Queso,Tacos,Guacamole.We do catering for Events.Vist Panchos in Oklahoma City,Tulsa,San Antonio,Houston,Plano,Denton,Mesquite

Here you go guys Dallas Mesquite Humble and Houston

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Still the same brand of dog food?
        Just like you remember it.

Comment

After a few visits in distant history, I refer to this chain as "Raunchos". Last one I ate at was in Texas City many, many, many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Just like you remember it.
            The Pancho's that was in Richardson back in the mid-70's actually did get caught using dog food.

Comment

Don't complain so much about Pancho's, it may not be the best Mexican food in Texas, but it's a whole lot better than some of the stuff, you get in other parts of the country, they call Mexican food. We just went to Tennessee, on the way there, we stopped in some small town outside of Little Rock for the night. Then tried to find a place to eat, before going to our room. We wanted some place we could dine in, my wife saw a Mexican food restaurant and wanted to try it. I would much rather of had Pancho's, that stuff was pretty bad. The fajita plate I had, caused a lingering after taste that was finally gone the next morning. I think the flavor that was so strong and lingered for so long was cheese or some type of sauce, not sure what that stuff was.

Comment

Still lots of em around. They just quit the flag deal and started calling them Taco Bell.

Same end result.......

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Sissy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  Lol!
                  I can't believe as much as you talk about food that you would stoop to that level of garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                    Lol!

I can't believe as much as you talk about food that you would stoop to that level of garbage.
                    Haven't been in decades. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      Dang, what did fnd ever do to you?
                      Did you miss the "l"? He said flag

Comment

Cheese enchiladas with cheese sauce and endless sopapillas!!! I haven't been in 10+ years, since the one in Sherman closed. Y'all have some delicate guts.

Comment

We affectionately called that place "scarf & barf" in high school. Loved it.

Comment

That place was awesome back in the 80s. After a rugby match at SMU one weekend the whole team went to Panchos to refuel. I think the manager was happy to see us leave. I will never forget, we sit down and the flag goes up and this guy orders 100 tacos, her face was priceless but with about 30 of us at the table that was just the beginning. Good times.

Comment

Guy I worked with was on the large side,as was his wife and two sons.We were sitting a few tables from them one night and were amazed at the amount of food disappearing and the constant flow of servers at their table.The manager finally came out and asked them to leave !

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                                Pancho's. Next thing you know someone will be sowing the seeds of digestive discord w/ a thread abut the 'greatness' of Long John Silvers.

Now i have to go find a chile' relleno...
                                Could a person sneak in some Long John Silvers to a Panchos, combine it with let’s say an enchilada dinner and then cover it up with some queso sauce? That way a person could get enough grease in their diet in just one sitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X