No announcement yet.

Push lawnmowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck finding one right now. My son just bought a house last week. Not a mower to be had at either Lowe’s or Hone Depot in Midland. Thought I’d look in Wichita Falls a few days later while I was there. Same story! I’m sure they’re out there, but not where we looked.

Comment

Electric band wagon here. Quiet and works great. I have greenworks 56v.

Comment

My neighbor has an Ego self propelled and really likes it. His only compliant is one battery is just enough to get his yard done, so you probably want to have at least two batteries.

For the typical subdivision lot, I'd say battery powered is the way to go. No worries about fuel, oil, winterizing or messing with a carburetor that sat up just a bit too long. Same goes for weedeater and blower. Heck, my neighbor got his whole Ego set on Facebook market place barely used for like $300.

With that said, I bit the bullet 2 years ago and hired a lawn crew. Honestly, I'll never look back for $50 per month. Heck, they can cut my lawn for an entire year for the price of some of these push mowers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
          My neighbor has an Ego self propelled and really likes it. His only compliant is one battery is just enough to get his yard done, so you probably want to have at least two batteries.

For the typical subdivision lot, I'd say battery powered is the way to go. No worries about fuel, oil, winterizing or messing with a carburetor that sat up just a bit too long. Same goes for weedeater and blower. Heck, my neighbor got his whole Ego set on Facebook market place barely used for like $300.

With that said, I bit the bullet 2 years ago and hired a lawn crew. Honestly, I'll never look back for $50 per month. Heck, they can cut my lawn for an entire year for the price of some of these push mowers out there.
          My soon to be retirement home is very small and I plan electric everything.

Comment

I got on the Honda bandwagon about a month ago. Just waiting for next year's thread " These Hondas are crap."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m on the fence on the lawn mower electric but everything else I own will be electric. So much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
                Just wait till you have too replace the battery$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                Pretty sure the cost of a battery is cheaper than all the gas you have to buy in the batteries lifetime. For that small of a yard electric all the way. If I had a small yard I would go that route. I have a little of 3/4 acre and I have a DeWalt 60V weed eater and blower. Amazing the power they have and don't have to mess with oil and gas, well worth it IMO.

Comment

Honda or something commercial from a legit outdoor power place.

Comment

I have a husqvarna with a brigs motor and it’s still first pull start after 6 years. Gets the job done.

Comment

Direct Tools Outlet has some discounted Ryobi mowers right now.
                      Their “factory blemished” items are brand new in the box and are only marked as a blemished item because they can’t sell them as “brand new” due to Ryobi/Home Depot deal. Comes with the same warranty as you’d get if you bought at Home Depot.

Comment

I liked my battery powered pole saw so much I bought the weed eater. That was a mistake...
                        I wouldn’t even think about a battery powered lawnmower.
                        I can put gas in a lot faster than waiting on a recharge.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                          Honda or something commercial from a legit outdoor power place.
                          X2

Get a Honda commercial mower and you can pass it down to your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                            Pretty sure the cost of a battery is cheaper than all the gas you have to buy in the batteries lifetime. For that small of a yard electric all the way. If I had a small yard I would go that route. I have a little of 3/4 acre and I have a DeWalt 60V weed eater and blower. Amazing the power they have and don't have to mess with oil and gas, well worth it IMO.
                            I think I spend $20 per year in gas to run my Honda’s. $5 is oil per year.

How long does a battery last before replacement and how much do they cost?

Comment

Working...
                            X