No announcement yet.

Rona is kicking my butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird thing is I feel fine again today even with lungs feeling a little better but now my taste is nearly gone. I noticed it at dinner last night that I just was not enjoying my meal. This morning my coffee might as well be water. The doc had said it could happen later or not at all.
    Guess I might as well use it as a diet opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
      Weird thing is I feel fine again today even with lungs feeling a little better but now my taste is nearly gone. I noticed it at dinner last night that I just was not enjoying my meal. This morning my coffee might as well be water. The doc had said it could happen later or not at all.
      I'm curious if you discussed you taking ivermectin with your Dr. and his thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
        That is the weirdest thing, I was the same for a week or so. Wife had bought some French Roast kcups and we hated them but for some reason never threw them away. Drank every one of them that week cause it all tasted like water so why waste the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
          I'm curious if you discussed you taking ivermectin with your Dr. and his thoughts?
          When my buddy got the rona we told him to start ivermectin immediately and his Dr. gave him a copy of some study done years age for SARS that said ivermectin wasn't effective for it and sent him home with nothing....told him to go to our doctor for meds but he didn't. Ended up with lung damage.....told him I would bring him my nebulizer and budesonide but he said no and this was prior to the lung damage, Dr. told him it wouldn't do anything.....the whole go home and take over the counter meds and go to ER when you can't breathe is mindboggling to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
            Didn't see my regular doctor. Test was at urgent care/clinic and saw a PA. He said ivermectin and hydroxy results were anectdotal at best and being that I was in otherwise good health and not presenting all that bad (screw him, I felt like death) that I didn't need anything.
            I'm guessing since my oxygen levels were good and I was breathing ok, my only symptoms they could really guage was the fever. My normal is under 98 and I stayed around 100 for a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
              Ask their families what “other” health issues these people had while
              you’re at it, because perfectly healthy individuals haven’t died from covid.
              You are dead *** wrong. Ask the widow of my 32 year old firefighter/paramedic buddy who died waiting for a lung transplant after COVID scarred his lungs beyond recovery. Like others have said…tread lightly.
              Last edited by TxMedic; 06-29-2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                Ask their families what “other” health issues these people had while
                you’re at it, because perfectly healthy individuals haven’t died from covid.
                Never take any kind of advice from this dude. Ever.

Comment

I'm a big believer of Ivermectin. Those who suggested it,
                  can you provide the exact dosage and how many times per day?

Also, what are your sources and who do you know who has taken Ivermectin and has been cured?

Comment

Originally posted by wickll View Post
                    Likewise, a friend of mine in his early 60's passed away from covid. He might have been somewhat overweight, but otherwise he was a hardworking person who had no other health issues that I knew of.
                    Not trying to stir anything up, or overly downplay the virus to anyone who has lost a friend of loved one, but the last four words of your statement "had no other health issues that I knew of" are often the critical words. It is often the case that they had some health issues but did not know of them prior to passing.

Comment

I'm taking Ivermectin as a preventative and the dosage depends on your weight, I weight 208 and am taking 18mg every 2 weeks, no issues so far.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Rudyl; 06-29-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                        I'm a big believer of Ivermectin. Those who suggested it,
                        can you provide the exact dosage and how many times per day?

Also, what are your sources and who do you know who has taken Ivermectin and has been cured?
                        I took ivermectin and list of meds I posted earlier on day 1 and was over it next day other than a nagging dry cough, wife started ivermectin when I did and she either didn't get it or was asymptomatic, she didn't get tested. I had been on zinc and vitamin d and c so tgat may have helped

Comment

Glad you are feeling better! I didn't take anything except the recommended vitamin regimen and quinine when I had it back in late August. I did want to reply to tell you that I had a fever and mild symptoms for about 36hrs and felt fine after that. I lost my taste/smell after all the other symptoms had subsided and have talked to a lot of people that experienced the same. So, I think you losing yours after you feel better happens pretty frequently and shouldn't be a cause for concern.

I think there will come a point in time where science "catches up" on why certain people that are healthy experience severe issues with this virus. I'm unsure if it will be something relating to their immune system makeup or something genetic. But, I imagine we will get answers at some point down in the future when more studies are performed.

Look at the bright side... You don't need a vaccination now. You've been naturally vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyl View Post
                            I'm taking Ivermectin as a preventative and the dosage depends on your weight, I weight 208 and am taking 18mg every 2 weeks, no issues so far.
                            .2mg per pound? My math must be fubar'd

nvm....kg not lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyl View Post
                              That's awesome. I know Ivermectin can kill a big strong horse if too much is given and that's why I'm wondering and was cautious about what the dosage should be given.
                              I used to give it to my Lab and the 12 years that I had her she was tick, flea, heartworm and other disease free and I strongly believe it was because of Ivermectin.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                                Look at the bright side... You don't need a vaccination now. You've been naturally vaccinated.
                                Unfortunately I have business conferences schedule August through October that are pretty much going to require vaccination. My company won't force me but I'm not going to be the only guy at a trade show wearing a mask because I didn't bring a vax card.

Comment

Working...
                                X