Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
    That first blond haired kid has a trout as big as him. Cool pic. Nice work Glenn.
    Thanks! He caught that one all on his own too. I cast for him and handed him the rod. He hooked it and fought the fish by his self and I netted it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Congrats Glenn! Great trips!
      Thanks David!

Comment

Nice work Glenn!

Comment

Fished East Matty out of Sargent on Tuesday. The boat ride was a bit sketchy with the fog. My buddy took it easy and the boat ride lasted twice as long as it should have under normal conditions. I wasn’t going to complain.

Morning started out with an 18-20” flounder right off the boat. And then I got skunked until about 1400. We moved to some shell right off the intracoastal. Buddy fished one side, I fished the other. I started seeing rafts of horse mullet getting hammered.

Wouldn’t you know it, they got closer. But we’re still about 15 yards past my furthest cast. I wasn’t about to fill my waders so I just watched in disappointment. Finally after casting in that direction for what seemed like forever, really only about 5 min, I stuck a girl. Ended up catching 8 that were 20-23”, 2-3lbs.

Bite only lasted about 30 min. We probably could have chased them with a trolling motor, but due to technical difficulties, it wasn’t operable. Didn’t take any pics as I was trying to get good videos.

Started posting videos on YouTube and wanting to get a little more serious about it. I’m pretty terrible about editing so the videos I do have aren’t much.

Also remodeled an old girl I’ve had for a while.
          Attached Files

Comment

Fish seem to be changing over to Winter. Will be interesting for me. First Winter around Rockport. I had my Winter areas in POC/Seadrift to go throw tops and Corkys. It is kinda fun looking again. Like a new deer lease

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Fish seem to be changing over to Winter. Will be interesting for me. First Winter around Rockport. I had my Winter areas in POC/Seadrift to go throw tops and Corkys. It is kinda fun looking again. Like a new deer lease
              With no fences! Good luck on your hunt!

Comment

I lived in Corpus for almost a decade. This was my absolute favorite time of the year to fish.

Don’t over think it. And, you will be surprised how’s shallow they will stay, especially in warm patterns like we have been seeing.

I remember wade fishing a New Year’s Day one year with no waders and catching over 50 slot to plus slot reds on top water.

I don’t wade in over waste deep water. I tried to keep the nuggets dry 99.5% of the time.
                Last edited by Greenheadless; 12-18-2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Took the boys to the beach today.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice, I love seeing a mess of pomps.

Comment

Nicely done ^^^

Comment

Nice! I've never really targeted pomps, just catch 1 or 2 every year unintentionally when using shrimp. Do they just over winter here in our surf?

Comment

Me and a buddy caught a bunch yesterday. Lots of little ones, but managed to scratch out a limit and 4 reds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This year is my first year fishing for them. I guess they come in when cold fronts start. I go when the surf gets clear and flat. Not sure when they move on. Have enjoyed the times I’ve got them this year. Today was actually slower than the other times I’ve been this year

Comment

I don't know if there are more here in the winter or not but they are for sure here in the summer too. I don't fish for pompano but we do catch them and see them jump every now and then when we fish the surf in the summer. And occasionally we do catch one in the bay now and then as well.

Comment

Capt Glen. Not sure if you keep and eat fish but if you do keep these. I Don’t really care for reds and specks but will keep every pomp I catch

Comment

Working...
                                X