2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
    No idea. Small dime sized piece chunk missing from skeg but never felt or heard anything
    I feel your pain, I hit something in Cedar Lake on a path I've run several times. Knocked the cowling off my outboard I hit it so hard. You never know what's down there.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
      And Quakerbox - wanna see one of my STAKE OUT POLES working HARD about 100lbs -straight down around 25 Fathoms.

Upside down no less - bound to XPLODE - power applied to snap it

STAKE OUT POLE FOR THE WIN and most importantly - GOOD FRIENDS LIMITED OUT ON SOLID CLASS YFT!

Note the power zone in the blank - off the boats hull and held out with lift.

You learn more about tackle with THIS than any other test.

Good Lord, his comment was a month ago. Sensitive much?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Guys I need yalls help. I'm looking for someone that fits this particular profile and need to know if any of you personally know "this person"?
        A teenager who loves to fish. Does both salt and fresh, but majority fresh. Uses every opportunity that opens up to run down to the waterline and wet a line. 2 times a week at least. Just as passionate about soaking stinkbait for catfish as they are chunking a senko for a bass. Spends every waking moment thinking about fishing and grinds it all out using a low end wal-mart grade tackle and gear. If you know someone that fits this profile please shoot me a PM.

Odd request: Yes

Does this sound like every teen: Yes, but hoping to find one or two needles in the haystack.

Thanks in advance.
        I missed this

I know one of those but hes not on low end stuff. However, if youre looking to outfit a kid that meets that profile. Holler at me

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          Good Lord, his comment was a month ago. Sensitive much?
          Judging a man's work - kind of hard to not forget.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
            well thanks to all that will type all of the how to detail because guys like me at the high end of the Red River dont get to go to the salt very often. We need lots of help every time on how to have some level of success down there so it aint a wasted trip till next year deal.

the look at me post with LDPs dont do much to help.
            so thanks to all the TBH brothers willing to help us out.
            Easeup - Get into contact with us - and we can plan some trips during some prime time windows. Many of us are in the retirement phase now, with plenty of time to dial in some patterns, to help gain an edge with weather windows.

A few of us network regularly in the Coastal Bend zone and reaches down to Baffin and Port Mansfield with inshore and offshore updates.

If the bay is off - the surf is right there for another round of techniques and species. Yellowfin tuna - is yet another opportunity - with many here going offshore as group yearly.

Comment

Snuck out of work yesterday for a fast trip. In Pasadena the weather was warm and calm, a few miles south at Clear Lake it was windy and foggy. Fished around a few hours and only caught a couple of under sized reds. Beats working.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                That’s a lot of words to say we caught a bunch of pompano in the surf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                  Snuck out of work yesterday for a fast trip. In Pasadena the weather was warm and calm, a few miles south at Clear Lake it was windy and foggy. Fished around a few hours and only caught a couple of under sized reds. Beats working.
                  I live right next to CL and never fish it. After a few 3 eyed fish thought it might be best to move along

Comment

It was close, sometimes you just have to go. I'm not proud of it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                      Easeup - Get into contact with us - and we can plan some trips during some prime time windows. Many of us are in the retirement phase now, with plenty of time to dial in some patterns, to help gain an edge with weather windows.

A few of us network regularly in the Coastal Bend zone and reaches down to Baffin and Port Mansfield with inshore and offshore updates.

If the bay is off - the surf is right there for another round of techniques and species. Yellowfin tuna - is yet another opportunity - with many here going offshore as group yearly.
                      Great gesture. I also appreciated the info you posted about the Pomp windows - always trying to better myself in the salt. I don't have a boat and am plenty successful, but addicted to figuring them out.

Comment

Fished the last hour half with the wife yesterday. Same general area I’ve been going to. I caught about 50 trout, wife about 30. Most were between 14-17”. Were stocking up for a fish fry so we kept a few more to add.

Bouncing off the bottom on a ledge, color didn’t matter. I was throwing a bass worm, and she was throwing a paddle tail.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice report. looks like fish fry to me.

Comment

Nice catch!!

Comment

Perfect size for the grease, nice work.

Comment

Nice!

I been thinking about that winter river bite here lately

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X