Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If winter ever gets here they might move up. Lol

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

The river is full of fish

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
          The river is full of fish
          Prove it.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Anyone going to the Galveston County Fishing Expo today? I went last year and it was pretty good. I'm going to head down there in a bit and look for something I don't need.

Comment

Nice JB!

I went last year Kevin and it wasn't bad. But I'm like you, not sure what I'd need.... it's always fun to walk around though and look at the new gimmicks and gadgets.

Comment

Don't let him fool you, he caught these on fresh dead in the harbor...

****, forgot the smiley face...

Comment

I thought my secret was safe with you

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice JB, hard to think they got in there since its still 80

Comment

Fishing has stayed pretty solid. Water temps have stayed in the high 60's to low 70's and the fish are still very active. The change in the season is here and the fishing is shifting more and more toward winter patterns even though the water hasn't cooled down a whole lot. While these cool fronts have not been real strong and we have not even seen a frost yet here on the coast they have still dropped the tides way down several times triggering some changes. There is still quite a bit of shrimp in the bay but I am also seeing mullet in their bellies more and more and have been catching alot of fish fishing bigger concentrations of mullet. The birds have all but stopped working in the bay. You may get lucky and see a little bird action and I have still been catching some redfish under birds on a few days here and there. Mainly on white gulps under Coastal Corks. As the bird action dies it means the fish are spreading back out and we always get some really good drift fishing before the cold slows everything down and I've had some really outstanding days of drift fishing over deep shell lately. A couple days we fished with live shrimp under corks but mainly we have just been drifting with soft plastics on 1/4 oz heads. 5" Bass Assassins in chicken on a chain, magic grass and pink ghost have all done well for me lately. And yes, the deeper water wintertime spots are starting to hold some fish as well. I have not been wading any lately but the waders are doing really well right now both on mid-bay reefs, shoreline reefs and wading the shorelines both on suspending baits and on tails. It's a great time to be fishing if you can get free to go.

Anyway, here are a few recent pics.

Comment

And a few more.

Comment

Congrats Glenn! Great trips!

Comment

That first blond haired kid has a trout as big as him. Cool pic. Nice work Glenn.

Comment

Working...
                                X