2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Well, land cut was a big bust. Couldn't lose a bait in 9 mile hole. 7 people in 2 boats caught 1 keeper red and 4 drum, and on sheep head all on the west Bank of t
    He icw.
    The reds and drum were up super skinny on the east side.

Comment

Ray on the trout rod and some good sized crab running around in the surf.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        Ray on the trout rod and some good sized crab running around in the surf.
        Surf is loaded with big crabs right now on upper coast. A lot of big spongey females.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Ray on the trout rod
          Its a good initial rush until it sucks to the bottom... and your like **** its just a stingray. So many times.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Its a good initial rush until it sucks to the bottom... and your like **** its just a stingray. So many times.
            I just wanted my lure back, fresh jighead and plastic, 1st cast to a pinch I just knew fish would be holding on. Instant regret. LOL

Comment

Any insight on what the surf may be like this weekend in Gorda? I know just a guess at this point.

Comment

Anyone know what's the best time to catch the Bull Red run around Corpus?

Comment

According to Magic Seaweed it looks ok. Never can tell that far out though.

Comment

stormsurf.com has it clearing Saturday and looking good Sunday. Any longer than a couple days the accuracy isn't so good.

Comment

I just wanted my lure back, fresh jighead and plastic, 1st cast to a pinch I just knew fish would be holding on. Instant regret. LOL
                      Should have fileted him. Its been several years since Ive kept one but one that size eats good!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Should have fileted him. Its been several years since Ive kept one but one that size eats good!
                        I won't even fillet a slot Red no way I'm doing a ray lol

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          I tried eating one, the more I chewed , the bigger the piece got
                          Yuck

Comment

I won't even fillet a slot Red no way I'm doing a ray lol
                            Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                            I tried eating one, the more I chewed , the bigger the piece got
                            Yuck
                            Filet top and bottom wing. Trim away skin and meat looks like nothing else I've seen.

Lite batter and brown in skillet of olive oil

Delightful

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

They are actually really good eating if you fillet it correctly. That is stopping at where the meat begins developing a mid layer if I remember correctly.

Comment

I've cut up lots for shark bait and we filleted a wing once just the top side of the cartilage. Same impression as Leemo.

Comment

Working...
                                X