Skunk removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is insisting it lives.

You guys can probably see why I didn't get into hunting g until after I moved out lol

Comment

Originally posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
      call animals control back and tell then it a possum lol
      So she had caught 3 possums before and the city still said no. She called a pest control company and they wanted $100 each possum and then took her trap. She called and got them to return a trap but not her brand new trap. Rough experience. I think I would have stopped trapping them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
        She tried that unfortunately they will not remove "wild animals".

Tell them it’s a very mild mannered skunk. Not wild at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
          2 rules---1. If they spray in the yard, they die in the yard. 2. If they don't spray in the yard, they die in the pasture.
          Been there, done that..........

Comment

Big Rubbermaid tote full of water. Give it a “bath”.

Comment

In Fort Worth, animal control will definitely take a skunk - what they actually did when we caught one is inject it with a syringe on a pole to kill it. They don't relocate skunks due to potential rabies, etc.
              Also, I believe it is against the law for anyone that is not licensed to transport/relocate a skunk (or raccoon, or possum, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                Yes, she has haha. I can't get over there until tomorrow and they have a dog they need to let into the backyard. Plus she isn't going to like how I would do it.
                I bet she likes that skunk spraying a whole lot less

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                  In Fort Worth, animal control will definitely take a skunk - what they actually did when we caught one is inject it with a syringe on a pole to kill it. They don't relocate skunks due to potential rabies, etc.
                  Also, I believe it is against the law for anyone that is not licensed to transport/relocate a skunk (or raccoon, or possum, etc.).
                  Yep. A syringe full of acetone on the end of a kill pole. They won't spray if you kill them like that.

Comment

By now the problem should be solved. But in case not, just shot it and no worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                      Horse****! Lazy *******s.

Good luck Momma.
                      X2, this

Comment

My grandma used to live trap squirrels. Tied a little rope to the trap handle and kept a trash can full of water behind the house to dunk them in.

Comment

.22LR One Shot. The smell will go away soon

Comment

[QUOTE=ctom87;15639060]She is insisting it lives.

Keep it stirred up and spraying for a while then she might change her mind.

Comment

morning update?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                They have come and taken several raccoons and possums from my buddies house in Arlington. Sounds like they are not wanting to mess with a skunk. Ridiculous
                                Maybe just tell them it’s a feral cat!!!!
                                Mossman here is a animal controller around Conroe. He told me when he catches skunks, he walks up to the trap holding up a tarp, drapes it over cage, then picks it up and load in truck. As long as the skunk is in the dark, it will stay calm. Then when he releases it, he just pulls up the tarp at the door only. Said they will come out and scamper off.
                                Have fun and video if possible!!

Comment

Working...
                                X