Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Ranchers & Illegals

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    How did they go from “illegal aliens” to “undocumented immigrants” to “migrants”? What’s next, “future citizens” or “future democrats”..

This crap has been going on for awhile. It’s called playing the long game. It’s not about changing my mind. It’s about changing my kids mind and their kids minds. You grow up hearing them called “illegal aliens,” which is exactly what they are, you have a totally different perception of them than if you grow up hearing them called “undocumented immigrants/workers.”

Drip….Drip….Drip….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Roscoe; 08-15-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I own a small place off of Hwy41 just inside the Edwards Co line. My place is about a mile south of the Hwy and so far I’ve been lucky to have zero issues since owning the place(3yrs). My neighbors closer to the road haven’t been so lucky though. I do carry all the time while there cuz you never know.

Comment

I got back from our place north of bracketville last night. We haven't had any real issues aside from foot traffic through the place, but that seems to have slowed. I think maybe it's the heat, and the fact they can get an easy bus ride at the border. I didnt see any border patrol which is odd, but did see a bunch of state troopers. Dont speed

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          exactly what I was wondering. How many landowners feel the same way?

And, the flip side - say a coyote running drugs is killed. Would the cartel come over to even it up? Would our government protect us?
          See post #36
          Cartel people disappear all the time. How would they know where the coyote went.

Comment

Interesting timing on this being brought back up.

If you move over the the current events and look at my thread Not One Good Thing, you will read a story about a ranching family on the border, friends of a friend. It triggered me to start carrying at home all of the time. I have never done it and never thought anything of it before this year. I bought an OWB from VersaCarry and put a rifle scabbard on my UTV. I also thinking about getting a few more dogs whose purpose is to stay close to me and keep strangers away. I know a few people on big ranches in south Texas that keep 10-15 big dogs - Lacys, Cats, and Bulls.

Comment

I drive HWY 146 heading to Texas City all the time. There is a gate right before Dickinson Bayou that has 4 big welded spikes off the gate.

We used to have access to this property as a kid and I asked about the spikes.

The cattle guys told me that people would ram the gate to get past so they could fish.
              I see lots of spikes being welded to gates in the future. Ram it and the spikes go into the engine and you are dead in the water.
              They will just move on to another gate but at this point what other options do you have

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                I drive HWY 146 heading to Texas City all the time. There is a gate right before Dickinson Bayou that has 4 big welded spikes off the gate.

We used to have access to this property as a kid and I asked about the spikes.

The cattle guys told me that people would ram the gate to get past so they could fish.
                I see lots of spikes being welded to gates in the future. Ram it and the spikes go into the engine and you are dead in the water.
                They will just move on to another gate but at this point what other options do you have
                They will skip the gate and go right through the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  They will skip the gate and go right through the fence.
                  Some of the pipelines and oil field access fence lines they’re putting in cattle guards, because it’s just plain easier then to keep replacing the gates or fence.

Comment

I’m headed out this week. Hoping everything is as I left it. After being approached at 230 in the morning last time, I’m definitely interested in how it goes this trip. We will see.

Comment

We live 1/2 mile off of hwy 77 just outside of riviera and have had three bailouts and over 20 illegals running around on our little 120 acre property in just the last three weeks. Two gates and six fences also destroyed. Very uncomfortable feeling to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                        I agree with you completely. Wish we had someone in office that cared.

-john
                        They do care about destroying our great country.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                          We live 1/2 mile off of hwy 77 just outside of riviera and have had three bailouts and over 20 illegals running around on our little 120 acre property in just the last three weeks. Two gates and six fences also destroyed. Very uncomfortable feeling to say the least!
                          I don’t blame you for being uncomfortable, that’s a real hot spot,
                          Lots of stash houses there

Comment

I talked to our rancher this week and asked if he’d seen or heard of any illegals running on or through his property. He said they have been coming through and pushed over stands and feeders and busted down the door on his well shed (which is next to where we set up our travel trailer). We’re approximately 35 miles from the border as the crow flies (north of Brackettville) and I was hoping I wouldn’t have to worry about any of that as I’m used to hunting in east Texas. I finally find a place that me and my son can hunt on and make some great memories and now I gotta start carrying everywhere I go on the property and for that matter, I won’t be able to leave any firearms in the trailer while we are bow hunting. Gonna be a frustrating season and maybe our last down there.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                              I agree with you completely. Wish we had someone in office that cared.

Maybe Allan West ?

-john
                              Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Lot of land down there, and nobody's getting charged if there ain't no bodies.
                              Yep, Texas could fix this problem, if they'd withdraw all the "johnny law"
                              from the border.

Comment

Wake Up America......Americans are Not Safe. Thanks OBiden...

Comment

Working...
                                X