Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does west Texas start? Where does east Texas start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From brownwood and considered anything west of there the start of west Texas, east Texas is where the piney woods begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      [ATTACH]1050870[/ATTACH]

This map closely represents what I've always considered East and West Texas in my mind. East Texas is Pineywoods to me. A little bit of the Pineywoods bleeds over into parts of Southeast Texas as well. The area defined as Far West Texas on this map is what I think of when I hear West Texas.
      This. Lots of people call the panhandle west Texas which in my opinion is wrong, but if you just cut Texas down the middle I guess you could call it west Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
        A true west Texan will say that west TX starts at the Pecos River...
        Yep. Like the map in another post above.

Comment

# 4 - 5 and 9 !

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
            West of I35, east of I35.
            So half of Austin is east Texas and half is west Texas?

That's just silly. It's central Texas.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

West Texas starts on I20 at Ranger Hill. Fort Worth is a great place but it isn’t West Texas

Comment

I know "West" Texas in a small town in Hill County.

Comment

Where does west Texas start? Where does east Texas start?

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                  When I lived in Madisonville, the old timers said that you didn't get into East Texas until you crossed the Trinity River.
                  Adios,
                  Gary
                  Those old timers were right. I grew up not far from there and on the west side of the Trinity. Everyone there calls it central Texas. You hit the piney woods after you cross the trinity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Everything east of I-45 is East Texas
                    Everything west of Big Lake is West Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      [ATTACH]1050870[/ATTACH]

This map closely represents what I've always considered East and West Texas in my mind. East Texas is Pineywoods to me. A little bit of the Pineywoods bleeds over into parts of Southeast Texas as well. The area defined as Far West Texas on this map is what I think of when I hear West Texas.
                      This panhandle has no handle its all pan.......

Comment

East starts wherever there is a concentration of spotlights after dark followed by gun shots and anything resembling a deer running for its life.

Comment

Now that I think about it the Panhandle and West Texas are completely different. Midland/ Odessa is West Texas and Amarillo is Panhandle

Comment

Texas Big Game Awards always had it pretty close I thought. I added what I always used geographically. RGV is South Texas but a whole other environment to the rest of the area and Personal opinion if your under two to three counties away from saltwater (Again, depends where) your Gulf coast.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Austin isn't half anything, they are full blown Nuts....

Comment

East Texas starts much further west than most of have said. I would draw a line starting at Fannin county/Hunt county and go due south. The "North East Texas Farmers CO OP" is stationed in Hunt county. Pretty much any 903 area code is North east Texas with maybe a few exceptions.

South of San Antonio is "South Texas" for me.

I don't consider "west Texas" until you get west of Abilene. However I could definitely see an argument starting it just west of Wichita Falls since it pretty much looks the same.

I also consider the "Hill Country" a whole different area.

I don't consider the "Panhandle" until your North of Lubbock.

The "Big Game awards" is completely off. Iron county is North TX and Andrews county is the panhandle... Yeah right.
                                Last edited by Arrowthreat; 05-25-2021, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X