Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does west Texas start? Where does east Texas start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    As long as nobody tries to call us that East TX bullsh** or claim we’re New Cali like the hill country we may not have many trees, but our family trees are still branched and we pride ourselves on having all our teeth!
    What about the hill country is New Cali?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DWV015 View Post
      I’ll play ..... right or wrong this is how I’ve always seen it (living in San Angelo all my life)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]1050971[/ATTACH]

Comment

Canton, to me starts EAST TEXAS.. not really about anything west of Rockwall

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
            Canton, to me starts EAST TEXAS.. not really about anything west of Rockwall
            Just you bunch of yankees up in McKinney!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              [ATTACH]1050870[/ATTACH]

This map closely represents what I've always considered East and West Texas in my mind. East Texas is Pineywoods to me. A little bit of the Pineywoods bleeds over into parts of Southeast Texas as well. The area defined as Far West Texas on this map is what I think of when I hear West Texas.
              I agree with this map for the most part. I've lived in and around Houston my entire life. I've heard people call Houston - Southeast TX, coastal plains, a swamp, a cesspool, whatever; but I've never heard anyone say Houston was East TX. When I think of East TX, I'm thinking further North and even east. Sort of going up the center being the 59 corridor maybe starting around the Cleveland area, going up through Nac and even further north. I don't ever recall anyone referring to Beaumont as East TX either.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                Just you bunch of yankees up in McKinney!
                You guys down there on the wrong side of the tracks wish yous could be up hear at the Country Club!!!

Comment

Working...
                X