No announcement yet.

This is how far Austin is going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't they take care of the street full of homeless FIRST!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Rocky- the CLEAT response is just that. Do a little research on the elected DA. He fully supports this and hired her for a reason. Austin has never had a “bad” part or town compared to other cities. No place is Austin I would not go in my POV and stop and go into a corner store. Witin 10 years at this pace it will be the worse city in Texas.
      Oh I know Glen, when he was the Democrat nominee I did plenty of reading and brought this to the attention of everyone I could. Too bad the people of Travis County made such a poor choice. Its gonna get much worse as you and I both know.

RiverRat, you are correct. This type of thing is no laughing matter and needs to be dealt with. We will lose our country if we continue to tolerate this type of thinking.

Comment

Hope- You are correct but your numbers are wrong. Austin is almost 300 short- and over the last 12 months have averaged over 9.5 separating per month. Since January it is over 12 a month. It is not just retirements. Austin has a 23 yr retirement with an option to buy up to 3 years and leave at 20. Nobody really ever did this option. I know some now. Also i know of some more with approaching the 20 year mark that will do this. Add to that the amount of people with less than 10 years that saw the writing in the wall and started to application process with other LE agencies - those application processes should be getting offers. Austin residents elected this. Now they are going to face the consequences
        Last edited by glen; 05-24-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

This victim laid there for 16 minutes with a gun shot to the head before the first officer arrived. It's going to get worse from here. I very rarely go into Austin.

Austin Police reported no police units were available to respond to a shooting that happened on Sunday morning for 12 minutes. It happened around 5:35 a. m. at 9705 Reservoir Court near the intersection of Giles Lane and E Hwy 290. Police say there appeared to be a disturbance between two vehicles, and it’s possible that the victim who was shot was a bystander. Ken Casaday, President of the Austin Police Association, says the first APD patrol unit assigned was at 5:47 a. m.

Comment

Yep 16 minutes will turn to 20 then to 30. Its what is wanted and what was voted for. Officers need to protect themselves- always travel and write reports with a backup- answer one call and complete it before going to the next. EMS can wait around the corner just as their policy states. Just use the MEs office to transport more.

Comment

Its a shame for the few good folks in Austin, but I say good for them. That's wanted they voted for.

Comment

I saw on the internet, that it took 12 minutes before APD had a unit available to respond to a shooting yesturday. And it will get worse.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                    my son is an LEO in Williamson county for 12 years - he sent this article to me today and asked me what he should do? I said keep doing what you love to do and ignore what this crazy world is doing around you - sick sick people in Austin right now

Better advise to give him would be to seek out a municipality that doesn’t unjustly view him as an evil person simply for serving his community and doing his job.

I’m sorry, but officers who stick around with cities that try to undermine, prosecute, and imprison them for anything they think the officer “should have” or “shouldn’t have” done (from their armchair after the fact)... are inviting their own imprisonment.

If the city doesn’t want them there, as shown by electing a vehemently anti-police DA who ran on attacking the police, then officers should find cities that do appreciate them and leave the anti-police cities to experience the repercussions of the lack of law and order they crave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only way I'm going to Austin is in back of an ambulance with a heart attack.

They have great medical facilities and I might need that some day but the rest of that city "they" have messed up so bad that it is no longer a desirable place to visit or go to for any reason.

Comment

It what point do LEO's just walk away?

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                          It what point do LEO's just walk away?
                          It started last year. One of my hunting buddies is retiring in June after 23 years. And another is waiting but I expect that one before the end of the year. At current pace Austin will be more than 300 officers short by the end of the year.

Comment

Not my Texas....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                              It started last year. One of my hunting buddies is retiring in June after 23 years. And another is waiting but I expect that one before the end of the year. At current pace Austin will be more than 300 officers short by the end of the year.
                              Liberal people blow my mind....

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                                She’s so fat, her preacher can’t even lift her up in prayer.
                                Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                                X