No announcement yet.

SCAM ALERT - MT Hunting Outfitter Inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What national forests could he hunt? Anybody familiar with that area that he could hunt?

Comment

Can you hunt bear over bait in that area?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarleton Jake View Post
        I wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else finds themselves in the same predicament I'm currently in.

Long story short, a buddy and I booked a Montana Bear Hunt with Beau Burch of MT Hunting Outfitter Inc. in August of last year. The hunt is booked for the second week of June coming up. We both paid our deposits of $1,000 each and touched base again with Beau in December. At the end of February we reached out again and spoke with Beau to solidify plans for flying in Missoula in June...no problems at this time and he seemed very knowledgeable and helpful in regards to our logistical questions.

About two weeks ago I emailed him to touch base one last time with our flight itinerary for the upcoming trip. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything, so I sent a follow up text. Another week goes by and today I jump online and look up his outfit on facebook and it seems that for the last week or so folks are chiming in that he's lost his Outfitter license in MT and now nobody can get a hold of him. Others are stating that he's bounced with their deposits and they've already called into the local sheriff's office to report the fraud. I just got off the phone with the Stevensville, MT Sheriff's Office myself doing the same thing.

Aside from the obvious PO'd nature of this, which I'll continue to follow down whatever rabbit trail I need to.....is there any chance of salvaging a western MT bear hunt this close out?

We've both got our bear tags in hand and flights booked to Missoula. I figured it was a long shot but, maybe someone out there knows of an outfitter who'd be willing to toss in two hunters.

Thanks

Jake

I'm sorry to hear that man, we had a good experience with Beau last year. I feel bad for suggesting him on here.

I did some digging last night, there was a lawsuit with Rick Wemple, I was under the impression Beau bought his Outiffer, doesn't look that way. There is a $500k judgment against Beau for Rick.

I'd start there, he may have information.

Comment

I have all our locations in the Bitterroot National Forest marked where we saw Bear last June. I'll be happy to share them with you.

Comment

Montana elk hunting, Montana mule deer hunting club. Montana black bear hunting also available. Semi Guided hunts with drop camp in Bitterroot National Forest. 43 years big game hunting experience.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
              Can you hunt bear over bait in that area?
              No, you can not.

Comment

My son and i went on a combo mule deer/elk hunt with them in 2018. Had two great guides. Our mule deer guide put me on a mule deer. He was an Afghanistan vet. Our elk guide was an Irag vet. We were just not able to catch up to the bulls. Yes, any lawsuit is messy.
                Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                I'm sorry to hear that man, we had a good experience with Beau last year. I feel bad for suggesting him on here.

I did some digging last night, there was a lawsuit with Rick Wemple, I was under the impression Beau bought his Outiffer, doesn't look that way. There is a $500k judgment against Beau for Rick.

I'd start there, he may have information.

Comment

Man that sucks, hope you find another hunt!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and suggestions thus far, we really appreciate it.

An update on where I'm at thus far: I was able to get the outfitter on the phone via a Sheriff's Deputy that went out to his residence and put me on the phone with him. He's supposed to be calling me back later this week to go over next steps on where we go from here. I'll hold off on giving any other details at this time and give him the opportunity to make it right first.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Tarleton Jake View Post
                      Thanks to everyone for the feedback and suggestions thus far, we really appreciate it.

An update on where I'm at thus far: I was able to get the outfitter on the phone via a Sheriff's Deputy that went out to his residence and put me on the phone with him. He's supposed to be calling me back later this week to go over next steps on where we go from here. I'll hold off on giving any other details at this time and give him the opportunity to make it right first.

Jake
                      Sounds like a step in the right direction. Hope you get some resolution.

Comment

Hope you get it figured out. I’ve seen several stories like this over the years. I think these could be avoided by contacting references, going with reputable outfitters that have been in business for years and have a GOOD WEBSITE.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          Hope you get it figured out. I’ve seen several stories like this over the years. I think these could be avoided by contacting references, going with reputable outfitters that have been in business for years and have a GOOD WEBSITE.
                          Yep, kick a man while he's down.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            Yep, kick a man while he's down.
                            Just providing basic info how I’ve picked numerous successful outfitters

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                              I've hunted with Beau and several of my buddies have multiple times, as recently as February. He as far as we know has always had a good reputation and is a good guide. Maybe he sucks at business but I got my moneys worth when I went out with him.

I hope he makes it right.

Comment

Well, unfortunately yesterday came and went with no further contact from the outfitter. I called him on his “new” number and got no answer. I tried him again this morning with the same result. Since speaking to him on Sunday with the help of local law enforcement, he has removed both his company website and Facebook page.

I went ahead and reached back out to the local Sheriff’s office to update them on how this played out. Next, I filed a formal complaint with the Montana Board of Outfitters against Beau Burch detailing out the course of events and including copies of the deposit checks that were endorsed and deposited by him. So I guess we’ll see where this thing goes next.

In the meantime, my buddy and I are going to still head out next week and turn this thing into a DIY trip so we’ll be trying to make the best of a crap situation.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X