Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hope I don’t go to jail tomorrow over Gdads will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd tell the son to call you with any issues and to leave your mom out of it. Wouldn't be a bad time to tell him he screwed himself out of a sxs as well.

Comment

I take it you know these people?

Comment

At least you may have some peace this weekend! Hope it all turns out well. I will be following and hope the best for you.

Comment

Sounds like your mom handled it perfectly.

Comment

Also, with your step grandma being in hospice, most likely she will not be able to act as co-executrix., leaving your mom to divide the property in accordance with the will.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
              If you are the executor I can't stress how important allowing anyone else in the family into the mess of the estate is the BIGGEST mistake you can make.

What seems like a good idea at the time will end up being one of the worst decisions you will ever make in your life. Everyone that's saying they just want to help you out is only concerned about money. Nothing else. Not your welfare, the deceased money. And since your the executor you get more money than they do. This is a big deal to them. Right off the bat its not FAIR you get more.

When my mothers estate gets settled the first thing I will do is to take my brothers completely off my will and hire the executor job done so as not to let my daughters go through this someday.

My relationships with my brothers is non salvageable at this point.
              I don't want this to happen to them.
              For the record, this is inaccurate information.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Sounds like your mom handled it perfectly.

Yeah she did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Meet with an attorney, handle it like adults even if the other party isnt and be done with it. You want it to go fast and smooth even if you have to pay extra fees for the attorney its worth it. My buddy had to do this after his farther died and was remarried. He was 25 at the time, said it was the best money ever spent after the other family started to abuse agreements with his mom.

Good luck.

Comment

Good luck, My brother decided to devide the property on a friday and called me on thurseday, I was in New Mexico working, Told him to get after it, He passed this year we hadnt spoke in 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Two things I absolutely will not tolerate are ultimatums, and threats of litigation (especially against my mother). As soon as anyone starts that nonsense, I tell them to go jump in a lake, or speak to the attorney. Lock the whole place down, and take YOUR log splitter home.

If they want to act like *******s, many more things can become “farm equipment”, in addition to the SXS. All decorum, and tact goes out the window when low lifes try to take advantage of my people.

Completely agree. In situations like these, family or not, the gloves come off.

To those who say “it’s not worth breaking the family apart” or that these are only “material things” are, in my mind, missing the bigger picture. At the end of the day, this is about honor, integrity; this is about the measure of a person, and apologies for ending this sentence with a preposition, all of which are worth taking a stand over.

Comment

Your mother did the right thing and if the "son" didn't know about the probate, he's a dumb arse to think he can just go get what he wants. I'd tell him NOTHING can be removed until the probate process AND don't threaten you or your mother again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                          Your mother did the right thing and if the "son" didn't know about the probate, he's a dumb arse to think he can just go get what he wants. I'd tell him NOTHING can be removed until the probate process AND don't threaten you or your mother again!!!

Absolutely! Tell him if he wants to make threats, he can call and make them to you, and the next one to your mom, you will be coming to see him in person.

Comment

OP
                            You may want to hold off on updates or further comment until after this gets resolved.
                            If it all goes south, there is a pretty good chance that everything you write on this or any other site will be discovered and they will try to use it to their advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                              *The following is not legal advice and you are advised to obtain your own legal counsel*

Dude, lock that **** up and tell them to get bent. Nothing should be distributed until the judge signs an order. They are not entitled to anything until then. If you purchased all "farm equipment" you have an excellent argument that a SxS and a log splitter are farm equipment. You can't steal what you already own, and even if it is determined later that they are entitled to it they can't just come and grab it before probate. That is the whole purpose of having a judge adjudicate the probate proceedings. Is that language in a bill of sale or other document?

Side note to anyone that doesn't have a will and needs to get it done, "co-executors" is almost always a bad idea. One executor to make the decisions and distributions and a successor executor or two in case the first one can't or won't administer the estate.
                              Beautifully stated. :-). Also hope grandpa had a non-attestation clause in his will.

Comment

Dude, you need to be there and they TAKE NOTHING!!! change all locks to get into the place... they will rob you blind!! don't let it happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X