Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of y'all live near the new Bois d'Arc Lake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
    forgive my ignorance on the subject.... but why can't they just build a pipeline from wright patman to cooper and pump all the water they want? seems like Sulphur keeps WP over full pool most of the time. Or a pipe water from the Red River? seems like that would be much cheaper than buying land & all the construction required to build a lake.
    The Red River is owned by the State of Oklahoma. I think there might’ve been a lawsuit over a municipality or something that tried to sneak in and buy water without the state’s approval. Municipality and sneak in might be the wrong words as it has been several years and I didn’t pay close attention to the details. All I had was a newspaper article or two and nothing more to go by.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      They have all the signs up, but I haven't driven over the bridge since they closed the gates.

I had my property appraised about a month ago, and appraiser said 40 ac track by boat ramps just sold for $40k/ACRE!!! Some got compensated bigtime.
      not the parcels UNDER the lake, they got jack-squat. Way to go NTMWD, the county gets NO water usage out of it. From the pipeline anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
        Tons of uncut timber, I went across the bridge today bidding on 2 jobs. It should be a great fishery until the first time they suck it dry during a drought.
        yep, that. Its not going to be very deep either. Should be interesting when all the lake dwellers are looking at mud under their new dock.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          yep, that. Its not going to be very deep either. Should be interesting when all the lake dwellers are looking at mud under their new dock.
          How deep will it be?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            How deep will it be?
            22 ft. avg.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              It is a problem without a good solution - or at least there's no solution that won't screw somebody. It's easy to say "too many people are moving here" but how exactly do you stop it? Does the government not allow landowners to sell to developers anymore? That's a property rights issue just like eminent domain to build a lake is a property rights issue.

When you look at the Texas drought timeline it does seem that we are probably overdue for another extended one. If I remember right - depending on the month - 1/3 to 1/2 pf residential water usage is lawn and landscaping. Maybe cities need to outlaw turfgrass altogether like they do in parts of Arizona and California (how do you think that will go over?)
              I don’t give a rats azz how it goes over. It’s wasteful

City S/D yards taking private good hardwood bottom
              Land to save water to grow and mow over-watered, automated sprinkled
              Grass.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                not the parcels UNDER the lake, they got jack-squat. Way to go NTMWD, the county gets NO water usage out of it. From the pipeline anyway.
                Most I heard of in late stages were getting 20-30% over market value. Now, they might not wanted to sell and I understand that, but they got way more than jack-squat

Comment

I’m heading over this afternoon to pick up an excavator and if it’s not still pouring down I’ll snap a pic from the bridge. If the lake can maintain some type of decent water level the fishing should be spectacular with all of the timber still in it. I mean a TON of big timber that’s going to be flooded. I bet the crappie fishing will be next level when they first open it up to fishing.. I will most definitely be one of the first boats to put in,,

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                    forgive my ignorance on the subject.... but why can't they just build a pipeline from wright patman to cooper and pump all the water they want? seems like Sulphur keeps WP over full pool most of the time. Or a pipe water from the Red River? seems like that would be much cheaper than buying land & all the construction required to build a lake.
                    There is already a pipeline from Texoma to Lavon.

Wright Patman supplies water for Texarkana and is not one of the NTMWD’s lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                      I’m heading over this afternoon to pick up an excavator and if it’s not still pouring down I’ll snap a pic from the bridge. If the lake can maintain some type of decent water level the fishing should be spectacular with all of the timber still in it. I mean a TON of big timber that’s going to be flooded. I bet the crappie fishing will be next level when they first open it up to fishing.. I will most definitely be one of the first boats to put in,,

With standing timber in shalla areas, sounds like it may be duck-tacular too!

Comment

My old college roommate has 300 acres that borders the spillway and part of caddo national. Needless to say, wardens are around non stop due to trespassing.

Three marinas are going in.

Comment

I can't wait to check it out!
                          We need more reservoirs!

Comment

Won't take long to fill up if this weather pattern keeps up.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak blue View Post
                              Getting one new reservoir up and running is putting a band aid on the problem we’ll soon have. The powers in charge need to recognize it and change the way we do things in regards to both using and conserving.

No way that north Texas can continue to boom population-wise like we are and are projected to, and not outgrow the water supply. WAY too many people waste water like it’ll never run out.

My fear is The next five year drought is coming sooner than later. Hope people haven’t become forgetful with the last six wet years and the water districts having full lakes.
                              This is true and has been for years yet folks act like there’s no end to water.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                                I’m sure it wasn’t exciting to the folks who lost good land so that Dallas could water yards in July and August.
                                My wife's uncle lost his lease up there due to it. Pretty good one at that.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X