Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best low fence ranches in South Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidlandTXHunter View Post
    parts of the border are hf but I think there are 13 miles perimeter low fence.
    10-4 and thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
      For all you guys running around on the Faith and Commanche with Dan Friedkin, Stedman and the like your getting to spend time in rare air. Fence or not those are special places owned by rare folks. If you ever stop bickering about fences post pics of what you see over there. They are the ranches of legends.

We are directly across the river from them on the poor side of the tracks and I often watch dreaming about what can be done in world class country with an unlimited budget
      I could not agree with you more. I had the privilege of taking my son on a youth hunt at the Comanche Rach a few years ago and it was simply unbelievable. Donnie was also our guide for the weekend and getting to spend time with him and learn some things about their research into whitetail DNA from him made it even more special. We saw deer and other animals that weekend that were really just mind blowing. A whole nother level for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        the entire 50,000 acres sucked?
        Yeah buddy. Nothing but pencil horned 8s running around and too many javalina.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
          Probably Barnhart in Hebbronville, which is pretty much surrounded by East Ranch.
          The East have some pretty nice deer country
          I saw a buck killed on the Santa rosa that would be close to 240 NT a marvel to hold and proof not all magic comes out of a bag or behind a fence
          Attached Files
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-30-2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Best low fence ranches in South Texas

One of my favorites is the Miraposa, bordered by the King and Kennedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by Chad C; 04-30-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              LMAO... there are... or should I say "were" too many javelina in that area

Comment

I hunt a Briscoe property in Webb county. The low fence native genetics are amazing. We do feed a lot of cottonseed and protein. Our average age on our trophy bucks is 7-8 years old. We are blessed to have managed it for over 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
                  I hunt a Briscoe property in Webb county. The low fence native genetics are amazing. We do feed a lot of cottonseed and protein. Our average age on our trophy bucks is 7-8 years old. We are blessed to have managed it for over 20 years.

Definitely a great neighborhood to be in!

Comment

About 10 years ago, we brought in a bunch of does from a TTT from a certain Maverick county ranch mentioned a few times above. After seeing the incredible changes to our deer herd with the influx of those genetics, I would vote for that place.

Comment

Liked too many javalina

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Ain’t a ten pointer on that piece of dirt

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                          Ain’t a ten pointer on that piece of dirt

Or 12 pointer, or double drop time bucks either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                            LMAO... there are... or should I say "were" too many javelina in that area

We did our part. [emoji23]

Comment

La Golondrina should be in the mix, not the most acres but Multiple true BC bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ForEverlast View Post
                                Chapparrosa, Chittum, La Paloma (now owned by Yeti brothers), Briscoe best genetics in state exist in this area and these properties are still legit low fence for the most part the Chittum has gotten split and fortunately it is still low fence for the most part and some of the last of the frontier and as soon as this generation is gone it will be gone as the next will sell it off or change the game....
                                La Paloma like the one off 285 west of Riviera?

Comment

Working...
                                X