Clear All

Originally posted by Patton View Post
    This was the ticket, much thanks.

[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I put lithium 9v's in my safes

Comment

My safes are both manual, no digital. . .read way too many horror stories. . .

Comment

I’m getting close to needing a bigger safe anyway and will 100% not be going digital. This safe was given to me for free and I’ve always heard horror stories like what I went through. My issue was manageable, but not going through that again.

FWIW- learned this safe runs on 4 AAs. There was also sign showing corrosion on the battery terminal was starting to begin.
          Last edited by Patton; 04-29-2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisible Man View Post
            My buddy had the same problem he had to get a lock smith to do it. Took 2 hrs and $350. Batteries corroded the wire.Cannon reimbursed it, and the locksmith said never use Duracell batteries. Only use Eveready batteries. He said failed keypads keep him in business .

Alkaline is alkaline. They are all gonna leak at some point.

Get Lithium and be done with it for a long time and no leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
              This is great in theory, but when the dial slips and your combo changes unbeknownst to you, you'll have the same problem. I've had a Cannon for 15+ years and this happened to me 6-7 years ago. Finally got it opened and switched to a digital pad and have never had a problem since. If we get hit with an EMP, I've got enough hand tools to break into it.

Same here. I had 2 dials do that in under 5 years. Had an AMSEC digital installed and going strong for 10 years.

Comment

Working...
              X