Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try a paper clip, my guess is push in and something should pop open

Comment

Is that key not a way to get in without keypad? Is it possible the battery is accessible from the inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

from left field I know you may want to call the company customer service .

Comment

Heck, at least you know your combination! I cant remember my combo and too stingy to call the lock company out here to drill it out and replace with another keypad......yep, totally vexxing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Heck, at least you know your combination! I cant remember my combo and too stingy to call the lock company out here to drill it out and replace with another keypad......yep, totally vexxing!!!
            That's about a $400 hit.. Been there.
            My tumblers got out of sinc so bad I could not figure it out so I paid... Now my stinking NEW dial has walked a 1/2 number or so.... PITA!!!!!! Takes 10-15-20 tries to hit it..

My new safe has digital naturally..

Comment

My Cabelas(Liberty) won't open first try. Beeps for a few seconds and NADA.

Do the combo second time and opens right up. Think I'll replace the battery soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                That's about a $400 hit.. Been there.
                My tumblers got out of sinc so bad I could not figure it out so I paid... Now my stinking NEW dial has walked a 1/2 number or so.... PITA!!!!!! Takes 10-15-20 tries to hit it..

My new safe has digital naturally..
                Yessir! Gonna call for an appointment next week I guess. 2 years and still cant remember the dang code............lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  Is that key not a way to get in without keypad? Is it possible the battery is accessible from the inside?

I’m sure it is, but when I got this second-hand several years ago the original owner had lost the key.. I’m moving to a new house Friday and in a bit of a pinch now.

Battery is accessible from inside, but that entails getting it open first.
                  Last edited by Patton; 04-28-2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Comment

We do this every year.

Buy a dial safe with zero batteries and rock on..............

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                        Well it appears this keypad wasn’t meant to come off. I broke the three plastic pins holding it on.

The small hole on the keypad seems to be a way to deliver auxiliary power? How would I go about doing that? What tool/device is needed?

If you think it’s a way to charge from outside.....strip back the wires and touch a 9v battery to it

Comment

This is what I did. I took the electronic lock off my cannon safe and replaced with a big red dial. Old school but I KNOW I can get into it even after an EMP strike.

Andrew

Originally posted by chwoodall View Post
                          Manual rotary lock..

I have always had a fear in the back of my head some scenario where an EMP or something smoked my locks and im f'd lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Need more tannerite!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                              We do this every year.

Buy a dial safe with zero batteries and rock on..............
                              I like the manual lock, too, but they seem a bit harder to find.
                              Would y'all recommend a good manual safe, please?

Comment

This doesn’t sound too promising. Better try calling Cannon first thing tomorrow morning.

I bought a "Safari" brand safe 4.5 years ago. This safe is made by the Cannon safe company. Unit has an electronic lock that has functioned without problems in the past. This morning tried to open it and got a low battery signal. Funny I replaced batteries with new Duracells about 6 months ago. T...

Comment

Working...
                                X