No announcement yet.

Houston Fishing Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to go. Where are they having it this year? And is the city requiring masks?

Edit: I found where it's at the GRB Convention Center. Couldn't find mention of mask requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      Couldn't find mention of mask requirements.
      I couldn't find that info either? I plan on taking the family Saturday and we will just show up with masks, but that moment I see people without them...that crap is coming off.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        I couldn't find that info either? I plan on taking the family Saturday and we will just show up with masks, but that moment I see people without them...that crap is coming off.
        Be sure to update. If theyre nazis about it I wont waste my time.

Comment

Anybody have the layout of the event? Any boat dealers?
          Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Be sure to update. If theyre nazis about it I wont waste my time.
            That's exactly why I asked. I would love to go but would like to know the mask policy before I drive 70+ miles down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
              Anybody have the layout of the event? Any boat dealers?
              There isn't one...unless it was released in the last couple of hours anyways. Ive searched for 2 weeks, wanting to know if the boats I want to look at will be there, before I convince my wife to go with me. I'm 95% locked on a certain boat, but was wanting to look at a couple others...there isn't even a vendors list to be found. Guess I'll find out whenever I get there

Comment

From their website:

Last edited by kurt68; 04-13-2021, 12:45 PM. Reason: wrong year. :)

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                  From their website:
                  Holy Crap we all missed the show!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                    There isn't one...unless it was released in the last couple of hours anyways. Ive searched for 2 weeks, wanting to know if the boats I want to look at will be there, before I convince my wife to go with me. I'm 95% locked on a certain boat, but was wanting to look at a couple others...there isn't even a vendors list to be found. Guess I'll find out whenever I get there
                    They don't usually have a lot of boats like the boat show. They have a half dozen or so boat dealers there but it's limited numbers. I hope that helps. As far as masks go it is Houston, count on it being enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                      They don't usually have a lot of boats like the boat show. They have a half dozen or so boat dealers there but it's limited numbers. I hope that helps. As far as masks go it is Houston, count on it being enforced.
                      we go every year, just wasn't sure if this past year with the boat demand being what it has been, if the few I'm interested in would be there. I've always given the boats a courtesy glance at the fishing show, having already looked at the boat show in January. Now that we are preparing to purchase, the January boat show was canceled, so I'm hoping a few are there to get a look at

I'm trying to make it to Rock The Dock next weekend in AP, where I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get a much better feel for them...just hoping a few are in Houston this week to be able to look at without holding up folks who are taking test rides

Comment

They may not have much inventory to show. Good luck with the search.

Comment

I have found the best deals to pick up some rods and reels on Sunday after 3:00

Comment

I believe the City of Houston owns the GRB, so I would image masks will be enforced. Looking on the GRB website it shows this. Then again who knows any more.

"Current safety protocols include: enhanced cleaning and disinfecting, temperature health checks & screenings, minimized touchpoints, cashless options, and required masking for HFC staff, suppliers, and attendees. These best practices will continue after Wednesday, March 10th. For a list of Houston First’s Safety Guidelines, please see click the links on this page"

Comment

What we were told on masks is that you'll prob have to wear one to get in but that the show folks are not going to chase people down and make them put their mask on. A good friend of mine who has a booth was not going to participate this year because of the mask thing but after talking to the show folks he said it's all good, may have to wear one to get in the door but after that you should be good to go. He went on and took a booth after his discussion with them and it was 100% based on whether he was going to have to wear a mask or not.

Now I did not hear all of that first hand so take it for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                                They may not have much inventory to show. Good luck with the search.
                                From what I can gather, Rock The Dock might not have that many boats either I’m assuming it will be pretty much an order situation. Either way, I have nothing better to do, so I’ll make a trip down one day
                                Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                                I have found the best deals to pick up some rods and reels on Sunday after 3:00
                                Hope that isn’t the case...or I’ll be forced to make 2 trips 😂
                                Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                                What we were told on masks is that you'll prob have to wear one to get in but that the show folks are not going to chase people down and make them put their mask on. A good friend of mine who has a booth was not going to participate this year because of the mask thing but after talking to the show folks he said it's all good, may have to wear one to get in the door but after that you should be good to go. He went on and took a booth after his discussion with them and it was 100% based on whether he was going to have to wear a mask or not.

Now I did not hear all of that first hand so take it for what it's worth.
                                That’s kind of what I’m thinking. The city employees will enforce the masks at the door, and then it’s up to you once inside. I’ve found that to be the case most places. They cover their butts at the door. Can’t say that I blame them

Comment

Working...
                                X