No announcement yet.

Crazy Inflated Home Construction Costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court- wife and I are in process of getting out bid now. Designer said around $210 sf and that is just Chevorlet finish out.

Comment

This is the new normal!! Building as fast as they can to destroy farms and ranches with subdivisions. Folks lining up to buy them crappy cookie cutter houses too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        Trying to find a builder in central Texas and getting estimates of $300-400 per square foot.
        Barndo is $180 square foot.

What are build costs like elsewhere?!
        That's crazy.

We are meeting with a builder Wednesday to get a good handle on building a house(fish camp) which is 45 minutes out of town. He's saying he can build for $200 or possibly less, we'll see where he comes in when he sees our plans that are mid to high end. I don't understand why the cost are so much higher over there. Maybe the labor market will be saturated by next week to help offset some of that cost.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
          This is the new normal!! Building as fast as they can to destroy farms and ranches with subdivisions. Folks lining up to buy them crappy cookie cutter houses too.
          Shame on those developers for stealing that land from those poor folks....

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
            Shame on those developers for stealing that land from those poor folks....
            Killing us on inflated property tax values.

Comment

Trying to find a builder in central Texas and getting estimates of $300-400 per square foot.

Yikes.

I’m working on a metal building over at deer camp. It’s not terribly fancy but nice enough for us. 1200 sq ft with 8’ porch on two sides.

Concrete, building/trusses, windows, doors, overhead door, insulation <40k. I’m gonna frame the inside and hang the rock, etc. I figure I can get the inside finished for ~30k. So somewhere in the 60-65$ a foot range.

Comment

I've never understood the concept of a square foot price for something with so many variables and I was a commercial builder for over 45 years. I liken it to when they came out with monthly payments for automobiles many many moons ago with the dealership reaping the rewards.

Comment

Mercy!!

Comment

I am just finishing up a new, custom 3/2 2000'sqft home build in Harper for $180/sqft. Contract was signed March 2021.

Comment

We started our build on Lake LBJ in Granite Shoals last September. Contractor said he could do it for under $200.00 sq ft heated and cooled. That’s not gonna happen (not necessarily his fault as we had some upgrades), but it won’t be much over, pending the final couple of checks we have to write.

Comment

Fixing to start on a 3000 sq ft build for 150 a ft.

Comment

On this topic, I was in home depot the other day and had not been down the plumbing isle in a while, I guess. Because a stick of 3/4" PVC was almost $10. I about lost it.

The last time I bought it, it was under $2 a stick, and it wasnt that long ago dang it. Completely ridiculous.

FJB. And F all those who control/keep the costs that high on everything.

J
                          Last edited by JhuntsAlot; 05-15-2023, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X